CNC New Delhi Public meeting

 CNC New Delhi PUBLIC MEETING

	Regarding the foresaid matter, I would like to send our statement on The
CNC public meeting held on July 25, 1998 and the explaination of that meeting.

STATEMENT ON CHIN NATIONAL COUNCIL PUBLIC MEETING (July 25, 1998)

	Chin National Council (CNC), International Organization of the Chin People
was founded on February 20, 1996 with the Aim and Pledge to fight for
national self-determination and protection of basic human rights in
Chinland. Since then CNC became the largest and the most active non-violent
organization with CNC (Delhi Chapter), CNC (Europe Chapter) and CNC (USA
Chapter) respectively as International Organization of the Chin People. CNC
has participated in the educational, environment, social and political
sphere of the Chin people's struggle for genuine democracy in Burma. CNC
has been active advocating and  highlighting  cause of Chins: freedom,
equality, human rights, cultural identity and religious freedom at both
national and international levels.
	We the EC members of reformed CNC who were elected by the majority vote in
mass meeting held on June 14, 1997, once again met with the chin people to
decide the future of CNC at the public meeting, which was held on July 25,
1998. All the participants supported CNC  wholeheartedly to stand for Chin
people as a non-violent political organization.
	Therefore, in a response to the chin people demand:-
	(1)	CNC is the non-violent political organization comprised  of 				all
tribes of Chin to carry on the Chin National cause.
	(2)	CNC warmly welcomes and co-operates with every democratic 				forces
to restore democracy in Burma.
	(3)	CNC will stand against the opportunists and corruption from 				the
Chin community and will play a key role in shaping the 				political
thinking of the Chin people.
	(4)	CNC strongly upholds that only the Chin organizations, which 			were
based and formed by the chin people have the right to 				concern and
struggle for the Chin national cause.

	The Aims and Objective of CNC are:-
	(1)	To realize national self-determination with democratic rights 				and
basic human rights.
	(2)	To promote the socio-cultural, politico-economic, educational 				and
health conditions of Chins and solidarity among the Chins.
	(3)	To establish a harmonious relationship and peaceful co-existence
based on equal rights between chins and other nationals.

Chin National Council
New Delhi, INDIA.						         Dated. 26. 7. 1998.

As the mentioned statement, we could able to held successfuly the CNC
public meeting on July25,1998 at 2:00 p.m in Chin Centre guest house, Janak
puri, New Delhi. What the meeting purpose is to the realize the CNC aims
and objectives and what opinions do the public have upon the CNC. The
meeting was conducted by Salai Sang Zel, the President of CNC, New Delhi as
a Chairman. Then Patron Mr. Henery Val Thang explained the brief history of
CNC. And then GS Salai Kee Le Awm explained extensively the CNC's opinions
and tasks. Then all the representatives discussed mutually all the matters
and then the CNC aims and objectives were fully supported by all the
reprsentatives. The meeting was over at 7:00 p.m and provided dinner with
Chin traditional food "Sabuti".
	Shortly, we have to send to you all statement by post. Now is just to
remind you. In accordence with our goal from the begining, we would like to
request to all the Chapters to give priority to form the CNC Chapters USA,
Europe, New Delhi, Mizoram, Australia, South East Asia, Burma and soforth
to hold conference as the CNC international.
	As CNC (Delhi) EC members comprised of all the tribes of Chin from 9
townships of Chin State and outside Chin State in Burma. Now the CNC
(Delhi), head office is taking responsibility to communication network of
international chapters. We would like to get information of the situations,
opinions and  tasks of all the chapters.

Yours sincerely,

   S/d
Salai Kee Le Awm
Secretary