ABSDF REQUEST ASSK TO SEEK MEDICAL

Media Release
August 21, 1998

        ABSDF REQUESTS AUNG SAN SUU KYI TO SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT

1. The All Burma Students' Democratic Front (ABSDF) is extremely
concerned about reports that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's health is
deteriorating, as her standoff with Burma's military authorities
enters its 10th day.

2. The ABSDF congratulates Daw Aung San Suu Kyi for the sacrifices
she has made for the return of democracy to Burma. At the same
time, we would like to inform her that the people of Burma are
equally worried about her health.

3. There lays ahead important national tasks in our struggle for
democracy in which Daw Aung San Suu Kyi will continue to play a
paramount role. We therefore request that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi seek
proper care at a medical centre if her health deteriorates further.

4. We believe that Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's recent attempts to travel
outside Rangoon and meet with National League for Democracy (NLD)
members have been effective in demonstrating to the international
community that the people of Burma do not enjoy basic human rights.
In addition, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's actions have drawn the
attention of the international community and garnered world
sympathy.

All Burma Students' Democratic Front (ABSDF)

For more information call 01 992 5672, 01 253 9082, 01 654 4984.