How Shall We Prove Our Help for Int (r)

Hello

The best ways I considered to be helpful for the students of new
generation who are protesting inside the country could be:

1. Urging the UN and other foreign governments (India, China, Asean) to
ask the so-called SPDC to exercise extreme restraints in using violent
suppressive methods against the students.  No more bloodshed on either
side.

The origin of the present demonstration is of academic bargaining with
the universities authorities.  However, the history revisited.  Our
students again brought the national interests into their agenda.  It is
great.

2. Convince the international community that the transfer of power to
the democratically-elected party would be the most peaceful way of
preventing further possible violence and bloodshed.

There is no way out except that means.
As long as the military remains in politics, our country will never be
in peace and prosperity.  The Change is all we need.

3. We can do a committee overseas comprising all former students of
Burma who still have genuine concerns for restoration of academic
freedom in our campuses and democratic rights in our nation to directly
lend moral and material support towards our students and NLD inside.
I hope ABSDF, ABSL, DBSO, ABDSO have already begun doing this networking
process.

That's all I can see as possible actions for few of us who are residing
in US and the WEST other than the neighboring countries.
Yes, for our colleagues in Thailand and India, they do have an exellent
opportunity to do much more effective actions to help our brothers
inside.

4. So, support our fraternal organizations based in neighboring
countries for they will one way or the other have certain channels to
assess the new movement going on there.

5. Keep our organizational differences and indifferences aside.  Let us
make One Voice, One Statement, One Political Stance at this juncture of
time.  This should synchronize with the activities being launched by the
students and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.  Our separate efforts to get to the
domestic groups can confuse the students inside. So don't confuse them
or don't import our poltics of backstabbing and mudslinging into Burma.
Let us make a strong and the only Ba-Ka-Tha.

Peace, Justice, Sacrifice will be our main goals and way of action.
No more bloodshed. It is important.

Sincerely,

Kyaw Kyaw Htut
Indiana