JOINT COMMUNIQUE

We, of the Palaung State Liberation Front (PSLF) Wa National Organization
(WNO) and Lahu Democratic Front (LDF) denounce in the strongest possible
terms, Burma's military junta - state peace and development Council (SPDC).
The criminal, outrageous and continuing arrests, detention, and other
totally unacceptable acts directed at Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the legally
elected NLD Party ant its MP's is utterly unjust and reprehensible, and an
insulting act of shameless, barbaric arrogance against all the people of
Burma.

We hereby solemnly declare our whole support for Daw Aung San Suu Kyi in
her brave and untiring efforts to bring to fruition, the planned convention
of the NLD MP's during September, 1998. We also highly commend her
undaunted and peaceful attempts to open dialogue with the Rangoon Tatmadaw
dictatorship on this long and difficult road to real Democracy.

Finally, we know the civilized world and international communities of
democratic peoples are watching this dramatic saga of these dark days in
Burma with us, and that history is recording well, this heroic struggle
against the tyrannical Burma Army Generals.

SEPTEMBER 10, 1998