BURMANET GOPHER

Just in case there are any people out there who don't know the

BURMANET GOPHER, accessible via the Web (and other routes?)

gopher://gopher.igc.apc.org:2998/7REG-BURMA

This is perhaps the best Burma information search tool
available online.  It searches the igc conference reg.burma
(whence cometh burmanet-l) from its beginning at the end of
1993.  However, since the gopher has a default of 40 topics,
you have to append to your query "-m 13" (or whatever maximum
number of topics you want, being careful to leave a gap
between your keyword and the hyphen).  (e.g."kachin -m 13"
gave 13 documents out of 769.  "kachin -m 130" gave 130).  It
also supports Boolean searches.  Thus, when I put in "kachin
-m 300 AND women", it gave me 300 (out of 352), and when I
narrowed it down to "kachin -m 300 AND women AND 1994", it
gave me 212 documents.

David A