Statement of Northern Shan State Sp (r)

Hay Okker & xyorth

The PSLA/PSLP never trading opium.You are wrong, only Kokang group,  Mahtu
Naw (KDA) group and SLORC/SPDC trading opium.The PSLA, they had no choice.
After the collapse of the Communist Party in 1989, all the arm
armies around the PSLA made ceasefire. The Kachin 4th Brigade, the Shan
State Army, the Kokang, the United
Wa State Army. The PSLA was only group lfet, so there was great pressure
from the SLORC/SPDC. They started
terrorizing the Palaung cilian population. They burned down villages, they
used stratagy cut (4) cut
between PSLA and Palaung people, forced villagers to moved near township and
kills and rape. The Palaung
people begged their leaders to agree to ceasefire with the SLORC/SPDC, so
they finally gave in.
The PSLA has not given any political rights by the SLORC/SPDC. They can only
carry out some business in
their area. SLORC/SPDC is not elect from the people of Burma. They only used
gun to took a power from the people. They will try to continue their power,
that why they are killing people every day and force ceasefire
group to support them, forced they made statement.
We belived that the statement is not writen by the PSLA ceasefire group. The
SLORC/SPDC wrote it theirself.

Sincerely,
 Mai