Declaration on attitude of Palaung

Declaration on attitude of Palaung State Liberation Army (PSLA)  of Northern
Shan State Special Region 7 peace group in connection with acts of National
League for Democracy

Date: 18 September 1998

Subject: Attitude of PSLA on the matter of NLD's convening of a Hluttaw

1. PSLA does not support NLD's convening of a Hluttaw.

2. The reason is that convening of Hluttaw means formation of a new
government. There is only one government in a country. Should there be two
governments, there would be confrontation between them in the country. As it
was so in the past, unity of the nationalities split, and we ourselves had to
fight in the battles.

3. We consider that NLD's trying to convene a Hluttaw may cause loss to the
nation.

4. Hence, PSLA peace group never ever support the matter of NLD's convening of
a Hluttaw.

Sd U Aik Mon
Chairman
PSLA Peace Group