Declaration on the Attitude of the (r)

Northern Shan State Special Region 2
Wa Solidarity Army
Headquanters, Pankham

Date: 22-9-98

Subject : Declaration on the attitude of the Northern Shan State Special
Region 2 in connection with prevailing situation in the country

1. Myanmar built internal peace between 1989 and 1998. During the ten-year
period when peace had been restored, the nation had been stable basically,
national economy had developed to a certain extent and the people could earn
their livelihood peacefully. Our Wa Peace Group in the special Region 2
believes that it is the basic programme of the Government to be followed
steadfastly in safeguarding internal peace, working for economic progress and
improving the living standard of the people.

2. We do not support the attempt of a group of persons to form a Hluttaw
representative committee and then call a Hluttaw because it does not conform
to the internal situation in the country.

3. Wa region is an inseparable and important part of the Union of Myanmar. We
hereby declares that national races of Wa region will carry on striving for
social stability and economic progress in our region and emergence of
prosperous and strong nation with the leadership of the government.

Sd Pauk Yo Chan
Chairman