Press release from Emergency meetin

Press release

The Emergency general meeting of BAIJ was held on the 18th October 18, 1998
at Waseda Hoshein Seminar house in Tokyo.

This general meeting was held on the request of the members and executive
members who think that:

1/ The Patron Dr Tun Aye, The chairperson Dr Mya Mya Win, Vice chairman
Maung Pan Hmwe surrendered to the military junta shamelessly and it hurt the
dignity of the organization.

2/ They had change the basic principles of the organization without
consulting and informing the members and it broke the main procedure of an
organization.

3/ They had tried to strengthen and prolong the illegitimate military
dictators.

The secretary of the BAIJ had informed the chairperson to call a general
meeting on the request of the majority members, and set the last date to
call the meeting. But there was no reply from the chairperson. So it became
a duty for secretary to call a mass meeting according to the procedure of
any organization.

During the meeting the majority members of BAIJ had request to incumbent
central committee and to expels Dr Tun Aye, Daw Mya Mya Win, Maung Pan Hmwe,
Dr Win Naing, Mr Aung Htay, Mr Kyi Lwin, Mr Khin maung Htwe and Maung Moe
Min Oo from BAIJ forever.

The major decisions of the current general meeting are as below:

1/ To Staunchly denounce the misdeed of Dr Tun Aye, Daw Mya Mya Win, Maung
Pan Hmwe and Dr Win Naing.

2/ To dismiss the Patron Dr Tun Aye, the chairperson Daw Mya Mya Win, Vice
chairman Maung Pan Hmwe, joint secretary Aung Htay, incharge of Information
Kyi Lwin and temporary chief office staff Dr Win Naing, members Dr Khin Mg
Htwe and Maung Moe Min Oo from BAIJ forever for their disgraceful
misconduct.

3/ To discharge the 1997-98 CEC and elect the new CEC.

4/ The newly elected CEC members are as below:

Advisory board members
Dr Min Nyo, U Kyaw Win, U Khin Maung Zaw, U Aung Than, U Zaw Win Maung.

Chairman U Soe Win
Vice Chairman U Than Htay
Secretary U Zaw Win
Treasurer U Thomas
Information incharge Ms Cho Cho Aye
Auditor Ms New Ni Zaw

5/ The basic principles of BAIJ are as below:
(a) We will fight to terminate the military dictators and struggle to
achieve the democracy.
(b) We will Strictly follow the part layout by the NLD Leaders U Aung Shwe,
U Tin Oo and Daw Aung San Suu kyi.
(c) We strongly support the decisions made by the representative committee
of the parliament and will help the committee unconditionally.

6/ We will join our hands with the democratic Organizations within Japan.

7/ We will try to represent all Burmese citizens living in Japan.

8/ We warn Dr Tun Ayes group, not to imitate the name BAIJ, and not to use
this name in misconduct.

9/ We demand  to return the records of BAIJs members, Seal and Symbol of
the association to the elected CEC of BAIJ.

Central Executive Committee Members
Burmese Association in Japan ( BAIJ)
Emergency session meeting
October 18, 1998