NRF Statement 1 in English

NATIONAL RECONCILIATION FORCE
STATEMENT 1

1. National reconciliation, democracy and peace are matters that is the
concern of all the citizens. The prime objective of a nation's military
forces should be for the benefit and prosperity of all the citizens.
2. To retain and prolong its reign, the SPDC military junta refuses to
honour the results of the 1990 elections, has subjugated, imprisoned and
killed activists of the democratic movement, and is now manipulating the
people by arranging demonstrations to oppose and denounce the democratic
forces and so cause divisions of the nation. We strongly condemn such
activities.
3. We welcome and applaud the National League for Democracy for the
formation of the Committee representing People's Parliament which for
the last eight years has not been convened under various excuses and
pretexts.
4. We urge the democratic forces, the nationalities organisations, and
the people to unite and stand together and continue the struggle for
democracy.
5. We appeal to the international organisations, and the people of the
world not to give recognition to the military regime that opposes
democracy and commits atrocities and violates human rights.

1. All Burma Federation of Trade Unions (ABFTU)
2. Central Peasants Union
3. All People Equality and Fraternity Organisation
4. Women Freedom Organisation
5. Democratic Youth and Students Organisation
6. National Defence and Security Commission
7. National Economic and Development Committee
8. National Concultation Organisation
9. Academics Organisation
10. National Writers and Artists Association
11. Burma Teachers Union
12. Committee for organising all  civil servants (Provisional)
13. Organisation for Human Rights in Burma
14. Law Association (Burma)