Myanmar Association in Japan (MAIJ)

MYANMAR ASSOCIATION IN JAPAN(MAIJ)

                                               20th. October, 1998

1. The Burmese Association in Japan(BAIJ); now, Myanmar Association in
Japan (MAIJ), was first founded at the General Aung San-General Moe Gyo
memorial column at Kan Zanji Ward, Hamamatsu City in Shizuoka Prefecture
of Japan on 11 September 1988.

2. From the very beginning of foundation year 1988, BAIJ(now, MAIJ) had
been unresting with the activities of democracy movements with might and
main, for the future of our country and people, thus BAIJ(now, MAIJ) was
amazingly successful symbol of democracy movements in Japan especially.
(Our policy was that, to bring about development and progress in
Myanmar, there was no alternative but to pursue the policy of
CONFRONTATION with the Myanmar Government.)

3. In the year of 1994, BAIJ( now, MAIJ) had changed its position from
CONFRONTATION  to CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE & NEGOTIATION.
( Ref: The Asahi Newspaper(Japanese); 17th. November, 1994.)

4. In the year of 1996, BAIJ( now, MAIJ) resolved and emphasized to
follow the path of welfare of Myanmar nationalities in Japan in their
daily-life-difficulties which are the greatest problems they have to
face daily unavoidably.

5. On 18th. October 1998, BAIJ( Burmese Association in Japan ) changed
its name to MAIJ( Myanmar Association in Japan).

6. MAIJ is carrying out the Japan-Myanmar Cultural exchange activities
and, the activities which will directly benefit the Myanmar
nationalities in Japan and Myanmar.

7. In order to carry out the various kinds of activities, We, MAIJ,
would need aid and assistance from the Myanmar government as well as
from Japanese government and NGOs. We also request to all Myanmar
nationalities and Myanmar organizations both at home and abroad, to help
us while we are trying to implement our aim to be successful in every
corner.

With best regard,

( Executive Committee members )
Myanmar Association in Japan ( MAIJ )
557-27, Sanada, Hiratsuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken
JAPAN
Tel/Fax (+81)-463-59-8249
E-mail   map9@xxxxxxxxx

CONTACT

Dr. Tun Aye (Dentist) ..... (+81)-463-59-8249
Dr. Mya Mya Win, Ph.D  .... (+81)-557-53-1305
U Aung Htay ............... (+81)-20-777-8909
U Kyi Lwin ................ (+81)-10-050-3261
Dr. Win Naing, Ph.D ....... (+81)-40-850-2738

End.