Letters to the Editor (fwd)

hi

hope u'll understand we arn't arguing about technological role in
freedom of expression.
termpering with full and free expression of others by a human or a
computer is censorship coz the motive behind that person or that
computer program is the same.
none of us r too young to subscribe to a moderated list. we must explore
all ideas, high and low.

in the name of removing low languages, in 1800s, West adopted a yellow
journalism which reported only aristocratic and noblist views.  They
favored imperialism and ecouraged White people to join imperialist
forces.  The journalism now includes almost all classes views, mostly a
economically-and-socially disadvantaged people.  they started carrying
their free expression with full load of rough langauges.  Now we are in
electronic age and running a electronic paper.   but the yellow
journalism, a backward idea, comes to stay in the minds of those who
control the media.

we arn't discussing about technology.

(we have enough technocrats in this movement to handle a pc to meet our
needs. so u do not need to refer to any software pages.)

we r discussing the role of free and fair journalism in the movement of
democracy in burma.
it is an ideological and ethic issue in exercising a true journalism.
two different forces with two opposite views collided  here.

i expect u to understand the difference and won't consider our arguments
as our deficiency of knowledge in new journalism and pc-technology.

aung soe