Message to Human Rights Activists : (r)

Subject: RE: Message to Human Rights Activists : Get Real

Deaar Mr or Mrs Eastman,

I found your message to 'Human Rights Activists' (where ever in the world?)
offensive and a typical denial of the Human Rights violations that have
taken place in Burma since years. I am curious in what capacity you were
writing this message. Are you an inhabitant of the neighbourhood where this
embassy is located?

A 'nuisance' to the neighbourhood; demonstrating, including a 'chaining' to
the railings in front of an embassy, is not as bad as committing torture,
rape, extrajudicial killings, unfair trials and a whole range of other,
serious human rights violations, to which the people in Burma are subjected
on a daily base.

"Burma and other developing countries would surely prefer a disciplined,
egalitarian and tolerant society over one where hooligans prevail."

Which 'hooligans' are we talking about here?

I suggest you read some of the published reports on Burma  to widen your
view; I can heartily recommend the ILO report on forced labour, and follow
links from http://www.angelfire.com/al/homepageas/index.html in order to
learn about the violations committed in Burma. Who knows, maybe you will
decide to write a message to the responsible persons in Burma and urge them
not to be a nuisance to many n
eighbourhoods there. You might become frustrated about the lack of response
to such inquiry. The people in Burma themselves cannot express their
'nuisances' in a free manner; they can use all the help you can offer.

With regards,

Anja Sloot, Human Rights activist the Netherlands