Censorship

To burmanet and all concerned,

I have been following with interest the censorship and its aftermath,
and before that, the mudslinging and profane language being used by some
netters.

For what it's worth, I would like to put in my two cents worth of say,
and strongly protest this act of censorship, when one of the underlying
objective of this website is to create and  promote freedom of ideas and
thoughts and, most important - speech.

The subjects discussed may or may not have been groundless , evidence
and proof may be unsubstantiated - but the fact is that all those
mudslinging cannot be without a reason. There is no smoke without fire-
goes the old adage and therefore most of the issues should have been
followed up ,instead of being suppressed.

I would however agree that in presenting our views and comments we
should follow a code of ethics and be careful not to use profane
language. That "control" is entirely dependent upon the authors and I ,
for one never bother to read messages that I think are just personal
attacks and presented very uncouthly to say the least.

The freedom to express as well as the freedom to read what you like
should be enjoyed by all who are trying , each in his own way to carry
out their part in this revolution.

Feeding your subscribers only selected /censored articles amounts to the
same as reading the New Light of Myanmar. Surely , you should be above
that level.

Please reconsider.

Cabaret