compiled messages (r)

>On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Kyaw K. Htut wrote:
>
>> Dear Ko Maung M. Kyaw:
>>
>> Please refer to your comments.
>> I totally agree with your comments on all points.
>> However, I think the idea of bringing up new servers is to ensure =
freedom
of
>> expression for Burmese netizens.
>> I don't think that the comrades, who contributed these servers =
without
>> mentioning their names, have a desire to compete with Burmanet or
>> Maykha-list.
>> Since you may probably know both Burmanet and Maykha have their own
>> moderators: Strider and Tun Myint.  Strider is a mercenary on OSI's
payroll
>> and Ko Tun Myint is one of the co-ordinators of Free Burma Coalition. =
 So
is
>> FreeBurma owned by Ko Zarni, the founder of FBC.  These nets surely
cannot
>> be seen separately from the moderators' political affiliation.
>> Open-Net has no persons nor machines that would temper with your =
and
>> news.
>>
>> (I think you should help yourselves in both receiving and reading =
these
>> messages.  I also have the problem of filing duplicate messages for I
have
>> four servers now.  To delete is an easy thing to do.  I can delete at
least
>> 50 messages/minute using pine-mail, an outdated email software.  I =
think
it
>> is a personal problem that most Burmese, who started using computer,
>> experience.)

***
Date: Sunday, November 22, 1998 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: Regarding new Burma Lister-servers proposals....

>Hello, Friends;
>
>This is a point of clarification on Ko Kyaw K. Htut's assumption.
>Maykha-l is NOT associated with FBC or any other organizations in its
>function, purpose, and/or work.  It is an independent list maintained =
by
>myself and subscribers are free to post anything they like to the list. =
>do not get any pay or any benefit except enjoying informing the
>subscribers about what is going on in Burma. Please read maykha-l
>invitation letter which I sent out in Sept 95 when I started the list
>running. It explains how maykha-l was born and where it stands. You can
>get it from maykha-l archive in www.
>
>Yes, I am one of the coordinators of FBC but FBC is not =
institutionalized
>organization, which means no chairman, CEC or alike. Anyone in anywhere
>who lead or coordinate free Burma action can be FBC coordinator.  It is =
>merely grass-root-actions oriented coalition composed of various local
>action groups. Keep in mind that this definition of FBC is my own and =
Ko
>Zarni or others may not agree with it.  But one thing we (FBCers)  =
agree
>is that we support any actions necessary that will contribute to =
overthrow
>dictators in Burma except violent actions which can cause killing of
>people of Burma in general.
>
>Ko, Kyaw K. Htut, I would friendly suggest that you learn about what =
you
>are going to claim before you make publicity.  It will be helpful to =
save
>our important (including yours) time in spending such a manner.
>
>Yours,
>
>Tun Myint
>
>ps. for the sake of time, I will not participate in this debate.  I =
know
>you are busy too and active. I pray for all the success that will =
benefit
>you and humanity.

***
To: "Open-Net" <burma-open-forum-list@xxxxxxx>,
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:06:22 -0500

Dear Ko Tun Myint:

I am not making a mountain out of a mole.  OK?
My last letter about the servers and the nature of their moderators are =
not
ASSUMPTIONS, but FACTS.
I even forgot to mention Ma Maureen's quote that the so-called Strider =
aka
Patric is a strong supporter of FBC.
I am proud you are open-minded and fully aware of the generation's guts,
compared to other FBC-net-controllers, who enthusiastically moderate the
news and views of others.  I even don't necessarily argue with your
assumption about and eqaulization of FBC's movement to that of Mao =
Zedong's
Long March.  Assumptions are boundless and futile unless they are put =
into
practice.  But unfortunately, all nets become under the supervision of =
an
organization, namely FBC, because of their moderators' political nature. =
 It
might be a coincidence.  This would be an assumption if I tell you "it =
seems
a well cooridated effort to monopolize the whole nets available for =
Burma
watchers."  I didn't say that because I want to know things clearly =
before I
take another step.

That's why I am telling, "These nets surely cannot  be seen separately =
from
the moderators' political affiliation. Open-Net has no persons nor =
machines
that would temper with your views and news."
I don't think you, as a reasonable activist, will see Myanmar-Alin,
Botahtung, Khit-Pyaing as separate press-entities from their controllers
SLORC, DAB etc.,.

My last letter merely states my application of analytical and critical
thinking into the situation.  I will definitely write what I think when =
things are crystal
clear and put all ill or good-spiritied assumptions about who =
delibrately
want to own revolutionary media like Rupert Murdoch,

All I said, I repeat, are facts.
If you can explain more about Maykha in full details such as:
1. Who and when the idea of giving birth to Maykha-list was introduced? =
(I
seem to know 25% of this)
2.  How the idea is materialized, such as who pay for and who provide =
the
service?  (I know 50% of this)
3.  What are the rules and regulations about the moderation and =
appointment
of the moderator?  Specifically, is it a self-appointment or a =
democratic
selection?  It is important for us to make a clear distinction between =
the
Maykha and its moderator. (I seem to know 35% about this)
4.  Do you think or see or consider any means and ways which can help a
group of well-informed readers like me see Maykha as a separate entity =
from
any institutionalized or non-institutionalized organizations, which have
their own distinct political agenda and vision?  (I have a 100% =
foolproof
means if I were you.)

things will be good.

Facts are not accusations nor assumptions.

Take care,
Respectfully,

Kyaw Kyaw Htut
Indiana