Happy New Year (r)

Dear Friends,

Happy New Year to you. The RFB team would like to wish you every success
and good fortune in 1999, just one year short of the new millennium.
Our aim over the next twelve months is to continue to provide you with a
'QUALITY' and "AGITATION" program.
Radio Free Burma is  Australia's best value Democratic Burmese Program and
you know that because many of you have stayed with us for years right from
day one.
The effective impact of RFB is noticeable in the international Burmese
community, as it is now no longer popular to return to Burma to conduct
business, discuss business opportunities in Burma, or to support the
repressive and murderous SLORC/SPDC military regime.  We believe that we
have contributed to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's popularity, which is now on the
rise in the Burmese community, with move
s now in Australia to establish a "Friends of NLD" covering both State and
Federal Parliaments in Australia.  There is now popular support for peace,
democracy and human rights in Burma. RFB is  increasing public awareness on
Burma, will  support for issue-specific projects and campaigns designed to
influence Australian foreign policy, mobilize and inform Australian
society, and provide channels f
or humanitarian assistance to the people of Burma.

We want to thank to Saya U Thaung , Mr Wrightson Tongue, Burma net  and
most  of  all  we would  like  to  thank all our  listeners  for their
tremendous  interest  and  support,  - you  have  given  us.

Once again let us wish you all the very best for the New Year.

RFB Team

www.fast.net.au/rfb

$*$*$*$*$ 1 LINE  REFORMATTED BY POPPER AT igc.apc.org $*$*$*$*$