The United States is also on No.1 L (r)

Subject: RE: The United States is also on No.1 List of Human rights Violations

      You make a good point - human rights violations should be
condemned no matter where they occur- Amnesty does a pretty good job of
doing this and is not afraid to criticize the US record. The fact that
the US still has the death penalty is also being criticized by those
interested in promoting human rights- support for abortion also does not
put tthe US in a good light on human rights.
     I strongly disagree that human rights activists are thugs- some may
have their own agendas which only remotely relate to the welfare of the
people in Burma - but I dont think it is fair to say that they are thugs
of foreign governments- in fact government diplomats may find  that
their activities disrupt efforts to reach peaceful solutions which will
improve the situation for the people of Burma.