The United States is also on No.1 L (r)

Subject: RE: The United States is also on No.1 List of Human rights Violat ions

       Larry : I agree that the HR situation in Burma is deplorable and
worthy of condemnation. We seem to disagree,however, on how to improve
the situation. You seem to favor sanctions and isolation and I favor
engagement, tourism and investment to help create jobs for the people-
and ,yes, more economic aid that would go directly to the people . I am
concerned that as long as the political stalemate  and discouragement of
investment and tourism continue it is the average citizwen who suffers.