Statement 36th Anniversary of the P

Subject: Statement 36th Anniversary of the Palaung National's  Revolution Day

36th Anniversary of the Palaung(Ta-ang) National's Revolution Day
Annourcement
Palaung National Liberation Front. (Headquarters)

Palaung Nationals and Patriotic Comrades,
                  January 12, 1999, is the 36 anniversary of the Palaung
National revolution day. So it is
a glorious and auspicious day for the Palaung people and their comrades.
Because of the oppression of General
Ne Win's fascism and Burmanism, we Palaung people, took arms and resisted
its policy.
To their extend, we are proud to set up our national revolution flag. When
analyzing the Palaung national revolution history within 40 years, we have
came across and passed so many difficulties, ups and downs  and hardships.
It is very respectable and honourable to thousands of Palaung patriotics who
lost their limbs,  houses, belonging and then properties. More over, it is
very honourable to those who sacrified their limbs
and lives for their people liberty.
Where as, the more the Palaung State Liberation Party (PSLP) led the Palaung
national revolution bravely,
the more they were opperssed and tortured by the SLORC army. Because
unbearable persecution of the fascist gangsters to their innocent Palaung
people, the Palaung State Liberation Party used their political tactics
and discussed with them to make cease-fire. But, Palaung State Liberation
Front (PSLF) had to continue
fighting hand in hand with the allied revolution organisations against the
fascist gangsters.
So today is the revolution consequence of the Palaung national
revolutionnaries that have been fighting
for forty years without ceasing. Today the Palaung nationalities hope to
have liberty, self-determination, democracy, equality and complete human
rights that based on real federal union is not at hand.
Therefore, we must firmly establish more unity than it is now. Although the
ways or methods of fighting
may be different among the Palaung national but pratically, to achieve their
aims and objectives
are the same. So we must have to continue marching on with unity and harmony
 . We, PSLF, does not belive
that "complete peace and national reconciliation can not last long by using
arms strugle". So all the
political parties accept and want them only through the tripartite dialogue.

Palaung people and patriotic comrades,
    We have marched a long journey in order to win the bettle quickly, we
must combine other fighting
tactics to our main choice. According to the PSLF belief, all the Palaung
people, allied organizations,
and united  revolutionaries should announce to join hand in hand in fighting
for our distination.

- All Palaung nationals - Be united
- Joining hand in hand with alliance organization - Be fighting on
- National equality and democracy - Be successful

January 12,1999. 			                         Palaung State Liberation Front
							                 (Headquarters)