Were U.S Government's Fundings effe (r)

Subject: Re: Were U.S Government's Fundings effectively used?

>Were U.S. Government's Fundings to the Burmese Disident Groups and NGOs
>effectively used for the future of Myanmar (Burma). ?
>
>I think U.S Government's Fundings to the people inside Myanmar(Burma) , (
>not to the present Government ), is more meaningful than Fundings to
>Burmese Disident Groups and NGOs ,
>
>Sincerely,
>Myanmar99
>
>***************

   National Endowment for Democracy is a private,
   nonprofit, bipartisan, organization created in 1983 to
   help strengthen democratic institutions around the
   world. Funded by an annual congressional
   appropriation, the Endowment's grants program
   assists organizations abroad working for democratic
   goals. The Endowment's programs encourage
   democratic political development primarily in three
   major functional areas -- pluralism; democratic
   governance; and education, culture, and
   communications. The Endowment's grants have
   supported nongovernmental prodemocratic programs
   in some 90 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America
   and the Caribbean, the Middle East, Central and
   Eastern Europe, and the Newly Independent States.

The NED funded projects have objectives that have to be fulfilled.As long as
there is military rule in Burma ,eliminating members of the democratically
elected NLD by  force, there will still be US government's fundings to
influence the political situation in Burma.The  United States is funding
these dissident groups and NGOs with a view to restoring democracy in
Burma.Were the funds effectively used?Please direct your question to NED.

Sincerely,

Julien Moe

Source:NED,US Department of State