Declaration for Daw Suu and her hus

Subject: Declaration for Daw Suu and her husband

Dated:  March 20, 1999

Statement of declaration on behalf of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and her
husband
Dr. Michael Aris by Activists in San Francisco, Bay Area

We are all very saddened to hear about the illness of Dr. Michael Aris,
husband of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (Burma's National League For Democracy).

She is the only voice and hope of the people inside Burma.

We all know what the military regime is up to by offering assistance to
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to travel to England to see her husband.

Why can't the military dictators add one little sentence to their
statement saying " Suu Kyi can return to Burma any time she wants to
after taking care of her ailing husband."

The military murderers have in the past years tried their best to
assassinate Suu Kyi's character through all levels of information
channels, releasing misinformation to the people inside Burma.  The
regime has also refused to turn over the State power to Suu Kyi's party
(NLD) after a landslide victory in 1990 general elections.

It is so obvious that the regime wants Suu Kyi to leave Burma and never
want her to return to her beloved country, even at the expense of the
world looking at them and blaming them for lack of humanitarian
responsibility and compassion.

Suu Kyi is a Burmese citizen.  She does not hold dual citizenship with
any other country.  She has an absolute right to return to Burma any
time she wants to after caring for her sick husband.  Although Suu Kyi
is a very calm and composed person by nature, we sometimes wonder, how
much can a person take?

We at Burma Image call upon and implore to the United Nations; All other
International Organizations and people everywhere around the world to
join us in seriously condemning the military regime for issuing a
deceiving political statement at Suu Kyi's expense, even as she suffers
tremendously for her husband.

With sincere sympathy and compassion,

Burma Image
San Francisco