Passing Away of Dr. Michael Aris (E

Subject: Passing Away of Dr. Michael Aris (English Version)

NCUB Statement regarding the Passing Away of Dr. Michael Aris

March 28, 1999

	Dr. Michael Aris passed away on March 27, 1999, in England, due to cancer.
Regarding the matter, the NCUB has to make a statement as follows.

1. We, the members of the NCUB, would like to affirm that we are deeply
aggrieved equally as the surviving wife, the leader of the NLD, Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi, and his two young sons.

2. Dr. Michael Aris was a noble person who had made sacrifices, correctly
regarding his personal and family affairs as subordinate to the affairs of
freedom of the people of Burma, comprising of various nationalities.  He
had truly and meritoriously endeavored for the liberation of the people of
Burma from the repressive rule of the military dictatorship. For that
reason, the people of Burma comprising of various nationalities would
always remember him.

3. The prevention of Dr. Michael Aris from seeing his wife in his dying
days, by the SPDC military dictatorship, has clearly shown to the world the
extremely cruel nature of the SPDC military dictators. At the same time, it
exposes again the SPDC military clique's frailty, injustice and
pathological fear of the people.

In conclusion, we would like to say that the sacrifices made by Dr. Michael
Aris and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi are the noble sacrifices, made for the
termination of the nearly 40 years domination by the domestically made
fascist military dictatorship.