ko chan's letters

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999,
our old friend,ko chan wrote to us:

> > President Mr Clinton has offered sincere condolences to the great
> > Burmese
> > leader for democrecy and human-right,Aung San Suu Kyi, his sons
> > Alexander and Kim, and other family members.
> > He reaffirmed to Michael's family and to all the
> > people of Burma that the United States will keep working for the
day
> > when all who have been separated and sent into exile by the denial
of
> > human rights in Burma are reunited with their families, and when
> > Burma is reunited with the family of freedom.
> >
> > students,ethnic nationaries,democratic force and all peace-loving
> > people of Burma have been suffering  every day
> > slaughters,plunders,raids,arrest,forced labour etc from the fascist
> > military governments since 1962,Aung San Suu Kyi and her followers
> > are not free till now.
> > We can not understand why Mr Clinton and American people
> > will not strike the fascist government of Myanmar the same as they
are
> > performing now in Yugoslavia.

on the next day,
he wrote:
dear brothers and sisters:

----------
i calm down now.
wishing people will not misunderstand me that  i  have invited the
foreign country to
invade our own nation.
i have  thought over: Who will be killed by the bombing?
of course first of all our good-hearted and honest but very very poor
people( even the government's soldiers are mostly comig from the poor
farmer families)will be the victims.
our people have already been suffering from poverty,slaughters,all
kinds of
oppression and tragedy since 1962.
wishing no more tragedy to them if possible.

another reason:
1.
USA punish a sovereign country like Irak,Yugoslavia,Afganistan
 .........only according to his coungry's interest at all,That USA take
till
now no action to our fascist  regime,means that the latter is still not
yet against his interest too much.
2.
if we allow a superpower to "punish " a sovereign country,then the
international law and UN will lose
their respect and power,and become useless and nothing at the end.As a
result, in the future any big and strong power  can "punish" a weak and
small country if he finds the latter is against his interest.
By such a time of law of the jungle,justice,democracy,human

right,freedom will lose their
value and become only a beautiful dream to the oppressed people.