Rebuttal to Min Htun Min's message

Subject: Rebuttal to Min Htun Min's message posted in SCB

Perhaps, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi is the only woman to stand alongside
Mahatama Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela. It is hard to
imagine the conflict of loyalties with which she has to struggle between
her responsibilities to her family and those to her people.
There are few people who have chosen to make such huge personal
scarifices for their country and ideals. What makes this so astonishing
is that she has made this choice every day for more than 10 years.

It would have been so esay to call it a day, go into exile and maintain
the struggle from the comforts of England. Given the frustrations of
achieving change in Burma, and her family responsibilities, no one could
have challenged such a choice. Sure, Mandela, King and Ghandi faced
incremental choice to take the risks that led to imprisonment and
assassination, but there is something in the ongoing choice, the clash
of personal and public duties which makes her plight so compelling and
so poignant.

By placing her commitment to her country men before herself and her
family, she is making a massive investment in a shared endeavour of
bringing democracy to Burma.

She is a woman, our one and only leader, who demonstrates huge strength
!!

Dear , Ko/U/Ma/ Daw/ Min Htun Min, Thank you anyway, for calling our
leader, " Daw" " Aung San Suu Kyi ".

alice