WE ARE WORKING HARD FOR CHARITY WOR

Subject: Re: WE ARE WORKING HARD FOR CHARITY WORKS OF MYANMAR PEOPLES

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 kyawkyawlwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Re: WE ARE WORKING HARD FOR CHARITY WORKS OF MYANMAR PEOPLES
>

> >On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:40:52 GMT, "Ken & Visakha Kawasaki"
<brelief@xxxxxxx>
> >wrote:
>
> >How will your funds be used?
>

> >On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:03:34 GMT, mandalay@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Your message does not say who receives the charity, or how much
> >of the ticket fees go to charity.  I am curious, could you please
> >post this information?
>
> >Randy
>
> Both of you are neither Burmese nor Japanese.
>
> I did not see any message or question from our Myanmar/Burmese in this group
> about Charity Dinner for Burmese refugees in Kyoto.
>
> I assume that even you do interference to our country affairs, your
intention
> is sincere or not, on the other hand you are doing some charity works for
our
> peoples. This is one of the Asians Values different from human rights.
>
> Don't forget we Myanmar / Burmese are not living on that. The people
living on
> that should a shame and the feedback will come one day.
>
> Maybe we, Myanmar / Burmese have different opinions and views. But the main
> goals are to help our country "Myanmar".

This is a pretty unusual response.  You post in English to an
international, open forum, claiming to be raising money for charity.  You
receive a couple of questions regarding which charities stand to benefit
from the fundraiser.  Instead of answering this most fundamental of
questions, you attack the questioners based on your perception of their
ethnicity and nationality.

The question remains in the minds of a number of readers in the newsgroup
to which YOU decided to post your announcement:  What are the funds to be
raised at this event going to be used for?

If you want to raise money for charities which you want to keep secret,
just say so.  Attacking those who ask about it seems rather unproductive,
if not suspicious.