Reuters-INTERVIEW-Myanmar won't be (r)

Subject: Re: Reuters-INTERVIEW-Myanmar won't be swayed by EU sanctions

> MONGLA, Myanmar, April 28 (Reuters) -

> Win Aung said, "We are not invading any country, we are not fighting
any country, we are not threatening any country with nuclear
weapons...why not understand our situation?"

Because the SPDC, formerly SLORC, has arrested more than 10,000
political activists, refused to honor 1990 election results, did not
allow Mr. Aris to visit in the last minute before he died, closed
universities and colleges, and repressed citizens, and etc..

Backed to 1988, the regime killed more than 3,000 students and peaceful
protesters.

Again, the SPDC is not elected government, but it is samply an armed
regime ruled by forces. So that is why the world community clearly does
what it has to do to the regime.

Win Aung told Reuters NLD members would be freed if
> the party renounced the setting up of a committee last year to
represent parliament.
> "Whenever they announce that, they will be released
> tomorrow," he said.

Ha!!! What Wing Aung indication here is the regime has hostaged 2,000
NLDs to trade in with an abolishing a committee that intended to
represent people's parliament. What's a threat!!
> He said the government was working to build a strong
> nation and economy.

Remember, non of the Burmese citizen has elected the regime to govern
the country for whatever reason.
>but the NLD was doing all it could to thwart that, for instance by
calling for a > boycott of tourism.
The NLD did right thing because the tourism money would go into the
general's hands to only repress the Burmese people. That's why the
boycott was outcome.