Don't call us not to go to Myanmar

Subject: Don't call us not to go to Myanmar Embassy.

Dear all of the so-called democratic associations in Japan,

We, Myanmar students in Japan, welcome the goodwill of The Embassy of
The Union of Myanmar, Tokyo. Even though this is the first time for
us, we greately appreciate it.

"Invitation to all Myanmar Students by Myanmar Embassy, Tokyo"  is
our( Myanmar students') business. Not yours.
Please don't call us not to go to Myanmar Embassy.

KOKORO( Heart )
One of The Myanmar Students in Japan

REFERENCE  NO. (1)

Invitation to all Myanmar Students Privately Studying in Colleges and
Universities in Japan  by Myanmar Embassy, Tokyo

---------------------------
---------------------------
---------------------------

No.                  /    21
Dated.  27   April  1999.

Re: Invitation to all Myanmar Students Privately Studying in Colleges
and
Universities in Japan

It gives me great pleasure and honour to learn that many Myanmar
students
are privately studying in Colleges and Universities all over Japan at
their
own expenses.

The Embassy is aware of the difficulties and predicaments that are
akin to
the students in a foreign land and understands that these leaders of
tomorrow, who will play a vital role in developing our country are
making
all-out efforts in coping with these hardships. Having this in mind, the
Embassy wishes to find out ways and means to render assistance, in its
permissible capacity, to the students after hearing views from them.

Therefore, we would like to invite all Myanmar students privately
studying
in Colleges and Universities all over Japan to come to the Embassy on
1-5-99 (Saturday) at 15:00 hour to have a cordial audience with the
Ambassador to put up their views and difficulties.

Yours Sincerely,

for Ambassador,
(Chan Aye, Second Secretary)

R.S.V.P. Fax No. 03-3441-9291

Related Photos and Invition Letter in Myanmar Language at URL

http://www.twics.com/~met/press/PR990426.htm

REFERENCE NO.2

Be aware of new technique by Kyaw Kyaw Soe

Dear All,

The Embassy of Myanmar in Tokyo has started new techniques to organize
the
Burmese community in Tokyo.
First, it invited the Burmese groups concerned on social, ethnic and
other

professionals to come to the embassy to be held the meeting on April 17,
1999. Later, it lied that the new year party was held at the embassy in
Tokyo and some Burmese have attended. There was a demonstration in
front of
the embassy while the so called meeting was being held.
Today, another invitation letter has sent to the Burmese students who
have
studied in Japan. It was sent via the Burmese restaurents and stores.
Although the embassy stated that it wishes to support the students
nobody
believe these words. They(military junta)intend to divide the groups
among
the Bumrese community because they know that the majority of the
Burmese in
Japan do not like them and their embassy.
All people of Burma who living not only in Japan but in the other
countries
should stay away from the embassy and be aware of like these new
techniques. They are trying to invade the Burmese community in abroad.

Thanks,
Kyaw Kyaw Soe