Statement of the GN 32 on World Env

Subject: Statement of the GN 32 on World Environment Day

This Stm is late because my Euro: program was damaged.
Statement of the Green November 32 on World Environment Day

Today is the world environment day. Every human beings and nation has
responsibility for peace and green environment. A country's natural
disaster can be spread out to the neighboring country: i.e. Indonesia's
forest fire.

Our GN-32 is the organization that has guardianship of the natural
resource,forest,which is wide spread in Burma. The GN 32,cooperation with
the ethnic groups,holds its aims and objectives since ten years.Today, the
SPDC commits not only human rights abuses,but it also destroys the
environment of our Mother Land. They continually try to build the gas pipe
line, produce precious teak, and try to build the dams due to their wealth.
They totally neglect the National cause.

The Salween Dam project, coordinating with Thai and Japan, was under field
research at the moment. The destruction of forests, farms, cultural facts,
and displace conditions of the Salween Dam. We also learn that there is no
support for the displaced persons.

Due to the Salween Dam construction, Thailand will get the side-effects of
that as well. The Geologists explored that the area, Ta Sarng, that intend
to build the dam,is on the heart of earthquake and it will be effected the
consequence.

On this remarkable world environment day, we strongly state that we oppose
all those matters that will destroy our environment and all issues that
concern with the Salween Dam Construction Project.

Board of Directors
Green November 32
Date 5. 6. 99