Women of Burma Day

Dear Chairperson,

On behalf of Burma Action Ireland I would like to express our support for
and solidarity with the women of Burma who not only participate directly in
the Burmese struggle for peace, democracy and human rights, but also
support the involvement of family members, colleagues and friends in the
movement.

We, in Burma Action Ireland, have launched a birthday card campaign for the
third year in succession to celebrate Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday on June
19 and will also be holding a birthday card petition in Dublin on that day.

Please forward this message of support to other Burmese women's groups.

In solidarity with the women of Burma,

Eileen Seymour
Secretary - Burma Action Ireland
Tel. +353 1 296 2238