Dagon University

To: BurmaNet Subscribers

      Meio University
      Okinawa, Japan

Dear Subscribers:

     Recently I was in Rangoon, and purchased a new map of the
metropolitan area which showed "Dagon University" located across the Nga
Moe Yeik Creek from North Okkalapa. It looks huge, dwarfing the Main
Campus of Rangoon University and the Rangoon Institute of Technology.
Does anyone know anything about this institution? Could it be the "new"
Rangoon University which the regime allegedly plans to build to disperse
students outside the city center?

     One other question: was the Defense Services Compound, surrounded
by a red brick wall with gun slits, built before or after 1988? Does
anyone know its extent inside Rangoon City?

     I'd appreciate input from fellow subscribers.

     Best Wishes,

     Don Seekins