Death of a NLD leader under mistrea (r)

Subject: Re: Death of a NLD leader under mistreatment in the jail

Friends, in the last few days, we hear from Amnesty International, more
heartened reports of torture, extermination, deplacement and forced
labor; we hear from the ILO in Geneva, and even then four french
delegates vote for the defacto exclusion of Burma; we hear of yet
another EU push to get human rights on the asean agenda, after two years
of Burma membership, and we hear the same wise admonishment from Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi about the bad boys getting all they want so they dont
have to act like good boys.

I ask you, in light of the below posted sadness, does the EU have a very
firm, not just rhetorical position on political prisoners in Burma. Isnt
it time that all political prisoners are released?

Anything short of that, and I hope the latest EU fact finding mission,
so called, yet I fear just once again yet another 'mission d'etude' to
get off their buts and appear to do something, this at a time when the
EU is not on the best guest list of the generals re the visa ban to
Europe - its time that all political prisoners are released. If not, the
EU, and lets hope we are now climbing up to that objective, full
economic sanctions by the Europeans on Burma.

dawn star