Obituary of U Kyaw Min

Announcement.
By the bereaved family of
the late U Kyaw Min, B.Arch, M.I.T. (A.L.I.A)

Architect U Kyaw Min (1933 - 1999)
eldest son of Wunna Kyawthin U Ba Gyaw (leader in the student strike
movement) and Daw Aye Kyi.

He completed his third year at the Rangoon University in 1939.  While
studying in the third year at the Engineering College in 1954, he was
granted a states scholarship to study at the University of Massachusetts
(M.I.T.) in the United States of America and obtained his engineering
degree in the year 1957.

He served as an Assistant Lecturer (Head of Department) in the Rangoon
Institute of Technology in 1958/60 after which he set up his own
business as a private practitioner.  On the 27th May 1990 he was elected
as an NLD Pyithu Hluttaw Member from West Bassein Constituency (2).

He served on the Central Executive Committee of the National League for
Democracy.

He died at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, the 1st of July 1999 at the Rangoon
General Hospital where he was receiving treatment for a liver ailment
since March 1998.

He is survived by his wife Daw Win Win Myint (WIN WIN SHOP, Number 217 ,
Building B, Theingyize), sons Ko Kyaw Min Aung, Ko Phyo Way Min (Phyo Kyaw,
Mingalaze), and Ko Soe Myint Zaw and three grandchildren.