BBC Burmese Job Advertised

BBC Burmese Job Advertised.
(Information note from the Britain-Burma Society)
We notice that the BBC Burmese Section in London is currently
advertising for a Radio Production Assistant - a member of their
production support staff.
This is a good way for a talented young bilingual to get into the
broadcasting environment without the exceptionally  high qualifications
needed for a producer job.   The job is for UK candidates only.

Here is the text of the BBC advertisement:

Radio Production Assistant
BBC Burmese Section
Bush House, London
Ref: 41869
Closes Monday, August 23rd

The Burmese Section broadcasts for one hour and fifteen minutes per
day.  In addition to news and current affairs, we produce a wide range
of  feature programmes covering sport, business, youth, children, women,
health, science and issues regarding Burma.
We need an enthusiastic Radio Production Assistant who will enjoy the
challenge of assisting the Section Head and the production staff with
the administration and technical aspects of broadcasting.
You will need to have a high standard of English and Burmese (both
written and spoken), excellent organizational skills, experience of
working effectively as part of a team, good communication and
inter-personal skills and a knowledge of the target area.  As long as
you have an interest in radio production, we will be happy to provide
you with the necessary training to enable you to carry out the
production duties.

For application forms, please write to:
BBC Recruitment Officer,
Room 111 NE,