Fast for CRPP and 9999

Hunger strike for 9999 global day of action

Dear 9999 activists,

The hunger strike for 9999 is only 2 days to go  on 20 th of August 1999
outside the New South Wales Parliament at 80 Macquarie Street ,  Sydney ,
Australia. In total of  9 days until 1 september 9 activists will stage the
fast from dawn to dusk ( 6:30 am to 5:30 pm  Sydeny time)  .

At this stage , we strongly urge everyone who want to see a democratic Burma
to join with the 9999 action committee in order to build a united struggle
against the brutal regime .

In the wake of unlawful arrest of 120 people in Burma , we urge all
organisation and individuals to come to the hunger strike site to stand
together with us and confirm the world that we are determined to achieve our
goal for a democratic Burma.

We will be distributing leaflets, stickers , badges, posters , poscards for
9999 global day of action.
The slogans on these materials are :
Free Burma 9999 , Global Day of Action ,
Convene the people's Parliament, Now!
Recognise CRPP - Dialogue with CRPP,
Free All political prisoners!
Re-open all universities and colleges,
People's Parliament , People's Power!
Free Burma From Military Dictatorship!

The petition with above demands will be collected and the contact list for
9999 action committee will be available for all those who want to join 9999
action committee.

The memebers of parliament will be requested to come out and support for
hunger strike . They will also be asked to support the 9999 action demands .
Trade Unions , students union various political parties, Churges , community
groups, academics, Human rights groups will be greeting the hunger trikers
in order to show their support for 9999 action.

Donation for 9999 action in Thailand will be requested at the site.

The hungers strike will call for immediate attention from Australian and
international communities to recognise Committee representing People's
Parliament(CRPP- established in September 1998 by 251 members of parliament
- elect)  as the legitimate highest authority of Burma and its lawful right
to convene the people's parliament ( as per 1990 elections results ) and to
extend strongest support for Free Burma 9999 global day of action on 9th of
september 1999.

9999 Action Committee is decentralized , Non-violent and open to everyone
regardless of their organizational or personal background as it is a
people's organization , designed to fight for people's struggle of 9999
action. Please join hand together and fight for the people's parliament .

Next Meeting of 9999 action committee is 3 : 00 pm , 21st August 1999 at
9999 center 1A Vaughan Street Lidcombe 2141, NSW , Australia

At 6:30 pm Thursday 19th of August, final discussion for hunger strike is
scheduled. It is also open to every one.

9999 Action Committee , Australia

Further information Contact 9999 center 02 96435015
(or) Media Liaison- Maung Maung Than 0411337816