8000 Ogoni cases go to Nigeria's hu

Subject: Re: 8000 Ogoni cases go to Nigeria's human rights panel

Perhaps some day TOTAL will be found guilty of direct and indirect
violations of human rights and obliged to remunerate the victims in a
human rights damage settlement involving billions of dollars, equal to
and more than the sum of what they have already invested in the
regime-partnered project. Since the world knows well enough what's going
on, anything less than that is sheer hypocrisy. Is Burma headed to a
Mandela turn the page and forget the past, heal the wounds solution, or
more on the lines of what's now going down in Nigeria. Something to
think about. Or will TOTAL and the FRench try to broker a deal in their
best interests, a peace and profits deal. Who knows? In any case, the
Nigerian example should not be overlooked as a sign of the
times.Remember, apart from Shell, Nigerian drug gangs were high on the
list of world drug traffickers.
ds