SUBJECT: APPEAL TO DISCOURAGE TOTA

Subject: SUBJECT:  APPEAL TO DISCOURAGE TOTAL DOING BUSINESS WITH BURMA SPDC.

PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC,
ELYSEE PALACE
PARIS,  FRANCE.

Dear Mr. President,
                                   May I make solemnly appeal to you on
behalf of the people of Burma who have been vastly oppressed by the Burma
Military Regime for so long. As a French national I beleive you have at
least experienced some kinds of oppression under the Nazi Germans during
world war Two
for some times. I also beleive you can see clearly how the people of
Burma have gone through the pains and agonies under the Burma Military
Regime. Compared to Nazi German occupation of France, Burma Military
Regime is far worse than the Nazi soldiers.
To make way for Total energy company for construction of gas pipe line,
many villagers were forced to relocate, many were and are forced
conscripted as forced laborers, many have been tortured, raped and
killed. Many villages have been razed to the ground. There is no single
Government  in the world to day that institutionally and systematically
enslave its people, but Burma Military Regime.
As Total have joint venture with the Burma Military Regime, Total is most
responsible not only for the sufferings of the Mons, the Karens and the
Tavoyans in the region but also prolonging the life of the cash strapped
Military Dictators so that they can continue their tyranical rule over
the people of Burma.
By discouraging Total to continue its partnership with the Burma Military
Regime, you can help the people of Burma immensely and I do beleive
positively that you are in a firm position that  you can do so to help
eleviate the pains and agonies of the people of Burma.

                                                 Respectfully,

                                                                      SAW
AUNG KHIN.

E mail copy to:

                         Dawn Star, founder of Euro-Burmanet with many
thanks for suggestion and advice.