9999 news and 8888 news?

--------------7B83EA32C09BD6CEBE7A02F6

Hello,

even if I know a lot about the events in 1988 I have some questions:
How have been the internatinoal and national news before the
8888-Massacre happened? Did the government also claimed, that all is
calm and the people are not interested, or was it different?
I want to know if the fear is now so deep in the bones of the people,
that they maybe don´t dare to rise up against.

But according to my wife (she was eyewitness and regular reader of the
NLM) said, before there was no move of the government on the upcoming
8888, but know even one month they seem to get crazy, that something can
happen.

To make my own analysis it would be good, if somebody could tell me, the
press (resp. propaganda) behaviour of the two sides of 8888.

Regards
Heiko
--
+================== Burma Group Tuebingen ==================+
| Heiko Schaefer                  | heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     |

begin:vcard
n:Schäfer;Heiko
tel;work:++49 (70 71) 55 25 54
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.burmagroup.de/
org:Burma Group Tübingen
adr:;;Beim Herbstenhof 42;Tübingen;;72076;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Chairman
x-mozilla-cpt:;19680