Yawdserk - "There is Foreign Assist

Subject: Yawdserk - "There is Foreign Assistance for the SSA":

Yawdserk - "There is Foreign Assistance for the SSA"
Yawdserk, Commander of the Shan States Army, during a recent interview by
S.H.A.N., claimed some foreign countries were helping to further the Shan
cause.

He confirmed the SSA had been receiving some foreign assistance "Contacts were
made after the media, both Thai and international, reported widely about our
campaign against drugs", said he. "But, for the time being, I won't be able to
disclose which country is helping us and how much".

"Someday I'll be happy to make it known" he concluded.

The SSA, despite its headline-making raids and seizures of drug refineries and
operators since November last year, is being under close surveillance by
narcotic agencies about his army's revenue.

For further information, please contact S.H.A.N. at:
Shan Herald Agency for News, P.O. Box. 15, Nonghoi P.O., 50007, Chiangmai,
Thailand.
Ph/Fax: (053) 807 121.
e-mail: <shan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

S.H.A.N. is a non-profit making, independent Shan media group. It is not
affiliated to any political or armed organizations.