HOPE FOR JAILED BRIT PROTESTER

protest song yesterday had a &quot;helpful&quot; meeting with Burmese
officials. <br>
Rachel Goldwyn, 28, was sentenced to seven years' hard labour. She
chained herself to a lamppost in the capital Rangoon to stage a protest
against the country's military rulers. <br>
After meeting ambassador, Dr Kyaw Win, in London her mum Charmian said
last night: &quot;Rachel is tough and will cope, but we want so much to
see her. <br>
&quot;Dr Win couldn't tell us much, but it was helpful to talk over the
situation. We're waiting to hear if Burma will give us visas.&quot;
Britain's envoy John Jenkins, met Burmese officials to express shock at
the sentence. <br>
<BR>