The Thoughts of Mr. Okkar

At 01:10 AM 9/21/99 -0700, Okkar wrote:

>The reason I don't want to argue with you is I don't
>believe that you are working for our country and for
>our people because our country is NOT your country.

Interesting usage of possessive adjectives here, Okkar.  Reminds me of that wonderful piece by St Augustine, "Meum et Tuum".  (Was it Augustine, or Meher Baba?)  Or in the words of the Eagles (in "The Last Resort"), "Who will provide the grand design, of what is yours and what is mine?"

Or perhaps you prefer Mao Tse Tung: "Power comes out of the barrel of a gun."  That one seems to be able to answer all your questions.

Mao also said, "Let a thousand flowers bloom", but those cheeky flowers were actually blooming long before he gave them permission.  Nevertheless, we still quote him on the subject.

Therefore, it must be good when a human being recognizes the obvious.  Perhaps it makes the gods smile.

In this manner,  we are also waiting for your inevitable contribution to truth, Mr. Okkar.

>For the real Myanmar activists, our country is their country too. If it is
>needed they may sacrifice their lives for our country ...

Sooner than I expected, Okkar, I must admit!

Surely you referring here to James Mawdsley and Rachel Goldwyn!
Can you really see their courage and dedication to the people of Burma?

Have you discussed this matter with your leader, Khin Nyunt?  Now be careful, he may not see eye to eye with you, at first.

Good work, Okkar, you'll be a democracy hero yet.  As long as you can keep one step ahead of the assassins.  Carry on, sir!