Fax to Ms Rachel Goldwyn's mother f

Subject: Fax to Ms Rachel Goldwyn's mother from SA

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF0727.96D31C80

Dear Mrs. Chum Goldwyn,

We (Burmese community in RSA) are shocked and saddened on hearing the =
news of harsh=20
prison sentence meted out on your daughter Rachel.=20
We are well aware that her non-violent action for promotion of Basic =
Human Right and Restoration of Democracy in Burma does not deserve such =
a long-term prison sentence.

>From our point of view, she does not deserve any kind of punishment at =
all.

She did not do any bodily harm to anyone in Burma during her peaceful =
protest.She did not carry any kind of weapon even a safety pin with the =
intention of doing any harm.

It is only the paranoia of the Generals who saw that a young woman's =
peaceful protest as a threat to their very existence. It is only their =
insecurity, which is haunting them and reacted out of proportion. I can =
imagine that how fragile they are; how insecure they are by judging =
their brutal response on an unarmed woman's peaceful action.

We can only pray that you and your family are strong in such a difficult =
time and we can only hope that the Generals of Rangoon can realize their =
mistake sooner and release her unconditionally into the arms of her =
loved ones.
We appreciate her commitment and sacrifice for the oppressed people of =
Burma.

On behalf of Burmese people in RSA in solidarity with Rachel

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF0727.96D31C80

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Dear Mrs. Chum Goldwyn,<BR><BR>We (Burmese community in RSA) are =
shocked=20
and saddened on hearing the news of harsh <BR>prison sentence meted out =
on your=20
daughter Rachel. <BR>We are well aware that her non-violent action for =
promotion=20
of Basic Human Right and Restoration of Democracy in Burma does not =
deserve such=20
a long-term prison sentence.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From our point of view, she does not deserve any kind of punishment =
at=20
all.<BR><BR>She did not do any bodily harm to anyone in Burma during her =

peaceful protest.She did not carry any kind of weapon even a safety pin =
with the=20
intention of doing any harm.<BR><BR>It is only the paranoia of the =
Generals who=20
saw that a young woman's peaceful protest as a threat to their very =
existence.=20
It is only their insecurity, which is haunting them and reacted out of=20
proportion. I can imagine that how fragile they are; how insecure they =
are by=20
judging their brutal response on an unarmed woman's peaceful =
action.<BR><BR>We=20
can only pray that you and your family are strong in such a difficult =
time and=20
we can only hope that the Generals of Rangoon can realize their mistake =
sooner=20
and release her unconditionally into the arms of her loved ones.<BR>We=20
appreciate her commitment and sacrifice for the oppressed people of=20
Burma.<BR><BR>On behalf of Burmese people in RSA in solidarity with=20
Rachel<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF0727.96D31C80--