SPECIAL POSTING - SSARMY NEWS SEPTE (r)

Subject: SPECIAL POSTING - SSARMY NEWS SEPTEMBER 25, 1999 (Part 1)

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BF0829.95487BA0

SSARMY NEWS=20

September 25, 1999

Battle News

On 21/5/99, at 09:00 hrs., SSA troops from township No.6, Province 666 =
led by Sai Harn exchanged fire with 40 SPDC soldiers of 515 LIB led by =
Major Myint Aung at Wan Naa Tong village, Keng Kham Long tract, Mongkung =
township. The casualties of the enemy were unknown. The Burmese shot =
dead a villager named Sai Kyaw of Wan Nong.

On 30/6/99, at 15:00 hrs., SSA troops from 155th Battalion of 758th =
Brigade had a skirmish with the combined force of Burmese troops and =
Burmese-backed militia of Mong Hah on the hills south of Loi Maw, Wan =
Kiu tract, Mong Yai township, northern Shan State. The Burmese lost one =
soldier while SSA was intact.

On 31/6/99, SSA troops from 155th Battalion of 758th Brigade met with =
the combined force of Burmese troops and Mong Hah militia near Wan Nong =
Poong, Wan Kiu tract, Mong Yai township. The enemy lost one man, one was =
wounded; SSA unhurt.

On 14/7/99, an engagement between SSA troops and the combined force of =
Burmese troops and Mong Hah militia led by Lao Mar (a Chinese man) broke =
out near Wan Mong Ngong, Mong Ngong tract, Mong Yai township. The =
Burmese lost one man, one was wounded and the SSA captured one G-3 =
assault rifle with 20 rounds of ammunition and a short gun.

On 5/8/99 an SSA company led by Captain Sai Mawng from 158th battalion, =
758th Brigade had a conflict with the Burmese troops for 10 minutes near =
Wan Kung Kham, Harm Ngai tract, Mongkung township, southern Shan State. =
SSA troops, on pursuing the retreating Burmese had a skirmish near Wan =
Kawng Moo, Harm Ngai tract. The Burmese lost one soldier, two were =
wounded and the SSA captured a walkie-talkie.

On 10/8/99, a 200-strong combined force of Burmese troops and militia =
had a fight with SSA's 758th Brigade for two hours. The results are not =
known.

On 12/8/99, from 15:45 to 19:00 hrs., a conflict occured between a =
company of SSA men led by Lieutenant Sai Ngo of Hso Kharn Fah column and =
the Burmese troops of 255th Infantry Battalion led by Captain Tin Htun =
near Wan Look Khai, Wan Pan tract, Hsipaw township, northern Shan State. =
The Burmese lost 3 men and 3 SSA were wounded.

On 12/8/99 at 23:00 hrs., by accident, the Burmese troops met and fought =
their own troops, near Wan Look Khai, Wan Pan tract, Hsipaw township. =
The results are unknown.

On 12/8/99 a 15 men strong SSA team from 758th brigade led by Captain =
Zarling set an ambush north of Wan Nong Oon, Harm Ngai tract, Mongkung =
township. The shooting with the Burmese troops lasted for 30 minutes. =
The Burmese retreated to Harm Ngai leaving one cap and 2 rain sheets.

On 13/8/99 at 10:30 hrs., the Wan Parng militia had a skirmish with SSA =
troops for 10 minutes. Casualties of militia troops were unknown.

On 14/8/99, from 13:00 to 15:00 hrs., a combined SSA force including 3rd =
brigade, 16th brigade of SSA-North, 758th brigade, 154th battalion of =
Hso Kharn Fah column led by Lieutenant Sai Ngo of SSA-South made a raid =
on the Burmese garrison at Wan Pan, Wan Pan tract, Hsipaw township, =
northern Shan State. The Burmese lost 6 troops, 4 assault rifles with 13 =
magazines, a complete map and a wireless set. SSA were intact.
On 15/8/99, from 05:00 to 06:00 hrs., a section of 159th battalion of =
SSA's 758th brigade led by Lieutenant Sai La clashed with the Burmese =
troops near the village of Kho Woe, Wan Nong tract, Hsipaw township. 2 =
Burmese soldiers were killed and SSA was intact.

On 16/8/99, from 16:00 to 16:30 hr., 3 men from 159th battalion of SSA's =
758th brigade led by Corporal Sai Wi Ling fought the Burmese troops of =
505th LIB at a place east of Sen Taw village, Mong Tung tract, Hsipaw =
township. 1 SPDC soldier was killed. SSA suffered no loss.

On 16/8/99, a 45-men strong SSA platoon led by Lieutenant Sai Mawng from =
158th battalion of 758th Brigade set a check-point for taxes on the way =
between Laikha and Mong Nong, southern Shan State. Over 30 of SPDC =
troops from 286th Light Infantry Battalion on their way from Laikha to =
Mong Nong met with them near the south of Loi Tao (the old Burmese =
military garrison of Mai Nyong Pho). A battle was fought from 14:00 to =
15:45 hrs.
24 SPDC troops were killed. The rest carried the wounded and made a good =
escape. SSA captured 12 guns, a wireless set, ammunition and 2 truck =
loads of supplies. The guns captured were:
(1) 1 9mm pistol with 16 rounds and 2 magazines.
(2) 1 MMG (Medium Machine Gun), a chain magazine with 100 rounds.
(3) 1 RPG.
(4) 2 new sub-machine gun with 6 magazine and 41 rounds.
(5) 1 G4 assault rifle.
(6) 6 G3 assault rifles.
(7) 123 rounds for G3 and 15 magazines.
(8) One wireless set.

On 21/8/99, from 10:30 to 11:00 hrs., 9 SSA troops from 727th Brigade =
led by Sergeant Sarm Lem ambushed SPDC troops at Hong Luk, south of Hui =
Aw. The Burmese lost one soldier and 4 were wounded. SSA captured one =
G-3 assault rifle with 148 rounds of ammunition and 6 magazines and also =
destroyed one auto-mobile. SSA intact.

On 21/8/99, from 15:15 to 15:30 hrs., Korn Zerng column had a skirmish =
with Burmese troops near Wan Pang Nim, Mong Sit tract, Namzarng =
township. The casualties of the enemy were unknown. SSA safe.

On 25/8/99, from 08:00 to 09:15 hrs., Korn Zerng column had a battle =
with 70 SPDC soldiers at Nam Hoo, east of Nong Larng, Mongkung township. =
The enemy lost 5 troops and 10 were wounded. SSA suffered no loss.

On 26/8/99, from 05:00 to 05:30 hrs., SSA 154th Battalion of Hso Kharn =
Fah column led by Captain Sai Ngo had a battle with the SPDC combined =
force of 506th and 522th LIB at Wan Parn, Hsipaw township, northern Shan =
State. The enemy lost 4 men (1 private, 1 corporal, 1 warrant officer, 1 =
lieutenant) and 8 were wounded. SSA captured 1 Carbine and a hand =
grenade. One SSA soldier sacrified his life for the country.

On 29/8/99, at 12:25 hrs., Sergeant Saw Zing Na led his men from 727th =
Brigade to attack SPDC troops at a place east of Kong Hue Min village =
(near Thai-Burma border), Mongton township. The casualties of the enemy =
were unknown. SSA captured one knapsack, 4 magazines and 80 rounds of =
ammunition.

On 29/8/99, at 12:25 hrs., Sergeant Sarm Lem led his troops from 727th =
Brigade to attack SPDC troops of 65th IB of Mongton at a place called =
Htam Phar Khao, eastern Salween area. The Burmese lost 2 men (Captain =
Hang Dal and a sergeant), and 11 were wounded (including one major). One =
SSA soldier sacrified his life for our people and also 6 were wounded.

On 29/8/99, from 08:15 to 08:30 hrs., Sergeant Sarm Lem led a 24-strong =
team from 727th Brigade to ambush Burmese troops at Nam Khem, 2 miles =
west of Pung Pa Khem. After 2 of the Burmese troops were wounded, they =
retreated to Pung Pa Khem. SSA captured one G3 assault rifle with more =
than 500 rounds of ammunition, 8 grenades, 2 military caps, 2 =
haversacks, and one military identity card.

On 30/8/99, at 12:00 hrs., 80 troops, consisting of SPDC soldiers and a =
militia group, made an assault on the SSA camp at Wan Kung Long, Mong =
Mar tract. SSA broke up the camp and left before the assualt.

On 31/8/99, Sergeant Sai Yung led some troops from 241st Battalion of =
Khun Sarng Ton Hoong column to capture a group of trafficking Lahu. =
These drug traffickers had fled to gain refuge under the protection of =
the SPDC garrison at Tump Tarm. Sergeant Sai Swe led his men and made a =
fight with SPDC troops in the garrison for 15 minutes. The results are =
unknown.

On 1/9/99, from 13:00 to 13:30 hrs., Sergeant Sarm Khuo led some men =
from 157th battalion of Korn Zerng column and met with the combined =
force of SPDC and militia at Kong Kham, Mong Torm tract. SSA captured 8 =
haversacks, (including that of one medic). The casualties of the enemy =
were unknown. One SSA soldiers was wounded.

On 3/9/99, from 06:00 to 07:00 hrs., Lieutenant Sai Zarm led some men =
from 155th battalion of 758th Brigade and had a skirmish with Burmese =
troops at Mai Hung, south of Pang Salop. 2 of the enemy were wounded.

On 3/9/99, from 14:00 to 15:00 hrs., Lieutenant Sai Nong led some men =
from the 152th battalion of Korn Zerng column, and met the combined =
force of Burmese and militia men at Loi Kheo, Mong Mar tract. The =
casualities of the enemy were unknown while SSA was intact.

On 4/9/99, from 12:00 to 13:00 hrs., Lieutenant Sai Zarm led some men =
from 155th Battalion of 758th Brigade and clashed with some Burmese =
troops between Pang Salop and Pang Khe, near Huay Nam Lup. One enemy was =
wounded and SSA captured a dead pack mule with its full load.

On 9/9/99, at 21:00 hrs., the 756th Brigade sent 8 men led by Sergeant =
Kham Lu against SPDC troops of 520th LIB. The skirmish lasted for 15 =
minutes. The casualties of the enemy were unknown while SSA safe.

SPDC distributes Poisonous Foods

Since July, 1999, SPDC troops have been distributing food to people, =
which is said to be fatal  if ingested. Some of this food has been =
identified as follows:

1. Rice that was poisonous - It is inflammable like petroleum when put =
into a naked flame.

2. Bean Vermicelli - When roasted, it melts and becomes like a plastic =
substance.

3. Cooking oil - said to be infected with germs from infected persons.

Sources from the Burmese soldiers said that they had seized this food =
from the Burma-India border and it was redistributed for ethnic =
cleansing in the Shan State. Our Shan States people (principally the =
rural dewellers) should be careful of these dangerous foods.

SPDC lay mines around Mong Nong

Since 7/8/99, the SPDC soldiers of the Mong Nong garrison have been =
laying land mines, within a radius of one mile to the north and west =
side of their garrison.
When an ox or a cow stepped on one of their mines, the owner was forced =
to pay a fine of 7 to 8 thousand kyat. The cattle were then butchered =
and sold back to the villagers.

SPDC soldiers desert their post

On 1/8/99, 7 SPDC soldiers from the 249th IB (Kali-Kunhing township) =
defected to the 7th Brigade of SSA-north at the north of Kali tract, =
Kunhing township. These soldiers said they could not tolerate their =
tyrannical officers, so they deserted leaving all their equipment =
behind.

Burmese soldiers seize Militia of Loi Maw

On 25/7/99, the Military Intelligence of the SPDC seized 7 ethnic Shan =
leaders of the Loi Maw militia, including Major Khun Yawd Mong, Sao Leng =
Parng, 3 of his subordinates and 2 provincial officers. They were =
tortured and locked up in Lashio, northern Shan State.
These 7 captives were tortured with electric shocks, and accused of =
supporting the SSA-S on their way north. They are still in interrogation =
until today. Later all the Shan officers in the militia were replaced =
with Chinese and their top leader is "Yang Mue Yong".
"Yang Mue Yong" is enjoying Burmese support and is threating to =
annihilate SSA-S within 3 months or all the villagers must relocate to =
Wan Pan (the base of militia).
The Burmese are pressing the Shan militia men by saying that their =
leaders will not be released, unless the SSA-S retreat from their area. =
As a result, the ethnic Shan militia men are defecting to SSA-S =
continuously.

KNLA Versus SPDC

According to the agreement of the five ethinc groups (i.e. ALP, CNF, =
KNPP, KNU and SSA) who have met twice in this year of 1999, the KNLA =
(Karen National Liberation Army) launched a campign of guerilla warfare =
against the SPDC troops within the month of June (from 1st to 30th June =
1999). Altogether there were 453 engagements.
In these campaign, 7 brigades and the 103rd battalion from KNLA were =
involved. In this one month campaign the 342 Burmese soldiers were =
killed, 829 wounded, 10 were captured and 30 defected with the loss of =
60 guns.
The KNLA lost 31 troops, 11 were wounded and they lost 13 guns.

****************

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01BF0829.95487BA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D4><STRONG><EM>SSARMY NEWS =
</EM></STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>September 25, 1999</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D4><STRONG>Battle=20
News<BR><BR></STRONG></FONT>On 21/5/99, at 09:00 hrs., SSA troops from =
township=20
No.6, Province 666 led by <U>Sai Harn</U> exchanged fire with 40 SPDC =
soldiers=20
of 515 LIB led by Major <U>Myint Aung</U> at <I>Wan Naa Tong</I> =
village,=20
<I>Keng Kham Long</I> tract, <B>Mongkung </B>township. The casualties of =
the=20
enemy were unknown. The Burmese shot dead a villager named <U>Sai =
Kyaw</U> of=20
<I>Wan Nong</I>.<BR><BR>On 30/6/99, at 15:00 hrs., SSA troops from 155th =

Battalion of 758th Brigade had a skirmish with the combined force of =
Burmese=20
troops and Burmese-backed militia of <I>Mong Hah</I> on the hills south =
of=20
<I>Loi Maw</I>, <I>Wan Kiu </I>tract, <B>Mong Yai </B>township, northern =
Shan=20
State. The Burmese lost one soldier while SSA was intact.<BR><BR>On =
31/6/99, SSA=20
troops from 155th Battalion of 758th Brigade met with the combined force =
of=20
Burmese troops and <I>Mong Hah</I> militia near <I>Wan Nong Poong</I>, =
<I>Wan=20
Kiu </I>tract, <B>Mong Yai</B> township. The enemy lost one man, one was =

wounded; SSA unhurt.<BR><BR>On 14/7/99, an engagement between SSA troops =
and the=20
combined force of Burmese troops and <I>Mong Hah</I> militia led by =
<U>Lao=20
Mar</U> (a Chinese man) broke out near <I>Wan Mong Ngong</I>, <I>Mong =
Ngong</I>=20
tract, <B>Mong Yai</B> township. The Burmese lost one man, one was =
wounded and=20
the SSA captured one G-3 assault rifle with 20 rounds of ammunition and =
a short=20
gun.<BR><BR>On 5/8/99 an SSA company led by Captain <U>Sai Mawng</U> =
from 158th=20
battalion, 758th Brigade had a conflict with the Burmese troops for 10 =
minutes=20
near <I>Wan Kung Kham</I>, <I>Harm Ngai</I> tract, <B>Mongkung</B> =
township,=20
southern Shan State. SSA troops, on pursuing the retreating Burmese had =
a=20
skirmish near <I>Wan Kawng Moo</I>, <I>Harm Ngai</I> tract. The Burmese =
lost one=20
soldier, two were wounded and the SSA captured a =
walkie-talkie.<BR><BR>On=20
10/8/99, a 200-strong combined force of Burmese troops and militia had a =
fight=20
with SSA's 758th Brigade for two hours. The results are not =
known.<BR><BR>On=20
12/8/99, from 15:45 to 19:00 hrs., a conflict occured between a company =
of SSA=20
men led by Lieutenant <U>Sai Ngo</U> of Hso Kharn Fah column and the =
Burmese=20
troops of 255th Infantry Battalion led by Captain <U>Tin Htun</U> near =
<I>Wan=20
Look Khai</I>, <I>Wan Pan</I> tract, <B>Hsipaw</B> township, northern =
Shan=20
State. The Burmese lost 3 men and 3 SSA were wounded.<BR><BR>On 12/8/99 =
at 23:00=20
hrs., by accident, the Burmese troops met and fought their own troops, =
near=20
<I>Wan Look Khai</I>, <I>Wan Pan</I> tract, <B>Hsipaw</B> township. The =
results=20
are unknown.<BR><BR>On 12/8/99 a 15 men strong SSA team from 758th =
brigade led=20
by Captain <U>Zarling</U> set an ambush north of <I>Wan Nong Oon</I>, =
<I>Harm=20
Ngai</I> tract, <B>Mongkung</B> township. The shooting with the Burmese =
troops=20
lasted for 30 minutes. The Burmese retreated to <I>Harm Ngai</I> leaving =
one cap=20
and 2 rain sheets.<BR><BR>On 13/8/99 at 10:30 hrs., the <I>Wan Parng</I> =
militia=20
had a skirmish with SSA troops for 10 minutes. Casualties of militia =
troops were=20
unknown.<BR><BR>On 14/8/99, from 13:00 to 15:00 hrs., a combined SSA =
force=20
including 3rd brigade, 16th brigade of SSA-North, 758th brigade, 154th =
battalion=20
of Hso Kharn Fah column led by Lieutenant <U>Sai Ngo</U> of SSA-South =
made a=20
raid on the Burmese garrison at <I>Wan Pan</I>, <I>Wan Pan</I> tract,=20
<B>Hsipaw</B> township, northern Shan State. The Burmese lost 6 troops, =
4=20
assault rifles with 13 magazines, a complete map and a wireless set. SSA =
were=20
intact.<BR>On 15/8/99, from 05:00 to 06:00 hrs., a section of 159th =
battalion of=20
SSA's 758th brigade led by Lieutenant <U>Sai La</U> clashed with the =
Burmese=20
troops near the village of <I>Kho Woe</I>, <I>Wan Nong</I> tract, =
<B>Hsipaw</B>=20
township. 2 Burmese soldiers were killed and SSA was intact.<BR><BR>On =
16/8/99,=20
from 16:00 to 16:30 hr., 3 men from 159th battalion of SSA's 758th =
brigade led=20
by Corporal <U>Sai Wi Ling</U> fought the Burmese troops of 505th LIB at =
a place=20
east of <I>Sen Taw</I> village, <I>Mong Tung</I> tract, <B>Hsipaw</B> =
township.=20
1 SPDC soldier was killed. SSA suffered no loss.<BR><BR>On 16/8/99, a =
45-men=20
strong SSA platoon led by Lieutenant <U>Sai Mawng</U> from 158th =
battalion of=20
758th Brigade set a check-point for taxes on the way between =
<B>Laikha</B> and=20
<B>Mong Nong</B>, southern Shan State. Over 30 of SPDC troops from 286th =
Light=20
Infantry Battalion on their way from <B>Laikha</B> to <B>Mong Nong</B> =
met with=20
them near the south of <I>Loi Tao</I> (the old Burmese military garrison =
of=20
<I>Mai Nyong Pho</I>). A battle was fought from 14:00 to 15:45 =
hrs.<BR>24 SPDC=20
troops were killed. The rest carried the wounded and made a good escape. =
SSA=20
captured 12 guns, a wireless set, ammunition and 2 truck loads of =
supplies. The=20
guns captured were:<BR>(1) 1 9mm pistol with 16 rounds and 2 =
magazines.<BR>(2) 1=20
MMG (Medium Machine Gun), a chain magazine with 100 rounds.<BR>(3) 1 =
RPG.<BR>(4)=20
2 new sub-machine gun with 6 magazine and 41 rounds.<BR>(5) 1 G4 assault =

rifle.<BR>(6) 6 G3 assault rifles.<BR>(7) 123 rounds for G3 and 15=20
magazines.<BR>(8) One wireless set.<BR><BR>On 21/8/99, from 10:30 to =
11:00 hrs.,=20
9 SSA troops from 727th Brigade led by Sergeant <U>Sarm Lem</U> ambushed =
SPDC=20
troops at <I>Hong Luk</I>, south of <I>Hui Aw</I>. The Burmese lost one =
soldier=20
and 4 were wounded. SSA captured one G-3 assault rifle with 148 rounds =
of=20
ammunition and 6 magazines and also destroyed one auto-mobile. SSA=20
intact.<BR><BR>On 21/8/99, from 15:15 to 15:30 hrs., Korn Zerng column =
had a=20
skirmish with Burmese troops near <I>Wan Pang Nim</I>, <I>Mong Sit</I> =
tract,=20
<B>Namzarng</B> township. The casualties of the enemy were unknown. SSA=20
safe.<BR><BR>On 25/8/99, from 08:00 to 09:15 hrs., Korn Zerng column had =
a=20
battle with 70 SPDC soldiers at <I>Nam Hoo</I>, east of <I>Nong =
Larng</I>,=20
<B>Mongkung</B> township. The enemy lost 5 troops and 10 were wounded. =
SSA=20
suffered no loss.<BR><BR>On 26/8/99, from 05:00 to 05:30 hrs., SSA 154th =

Battalion of Hso Kharn Fah column led by Captain <U>Sai Ngo</U> had a =
battle=20
with the SPDC combined force of 506th and 522th LIB at <I>Wan Parn</I>,=20
<B>Hsipaw</B> township, northern Shan State. The enemy lost 4 men (1 =
private, 1=20
corporal, 1 warrant officer, 1 lieutenant) and 8 were wounded. SSA =
captured 1=20
Carbine and a hand grenade. One SSA soldier sacrified his life for the=20
country.<BR><BR>On 29/8/99, at 12:25 hrs., Sergeant <U>Saw Zing Na</U> =
led his=20
men from 727th Brigade to attack SPDC troops at a place east of <I>Kong =
Hue=20
Min</I> village (near Thai-Burma border), <B>Mongton</B> township. The=20
casualties of the enemy were unknown. SSA captured one knapsack, 4 =
magazines and=20
80 rounds of ammunition.<BR><BR>On 29/8/99, at 12:25 hrs., Sergeant =
<U>Sarm=20
Lem</U> led his troops from 727th Brigade to attack SPDC troops of 65th =
IB of=20
<B>Mongton</B> at a place called <I>Htam Phar Khao</I>, eastern Salween =
area.=20
The Burmese lost 2 men (Captain Hang Dal and a sergeant), and 11 were =
wounded=20
(including one major). One SSA soldier sacrified his life for our people =
and=20
also 6 were wounded.<BR><BR>On 29/8/99, from 08:15 to 08:30 hrs., =
Sergeant=20
<U>Sarm Lem</U> led a 24-strong team from 727th Brigade to ambush =
Burmese troops=20
at <I>Nam Khem</I>, 2 miles west of <I>Pung Pa Khem</I>. After 2 of the =
Burmese=20
troops were wounded, they retreated to <I>Pung Pa Khem</I>. SSA captured =
one G3=20
assault rifle with more than 500 rounds of ammunition, 8 grenades, 2 =
military=20
caps, 2 haversacks, and one military identity card.<BR><BR>On 30/8/99, =
at 12:00=20
hrs., 80 troops, consisting of SPDC soldiers and a militia group, made =
an=20
assault on the SSA camp at <I>Wan Kung Long</I>, <I>Mong Mar</I> tract. =
SSA=20
broke up the camp and left before the assualt.<BR><BR>On 31/8/99, =
Sergeant=20
<U>Sai Yung</U> led some troops from 241st Battalion of Khun Sarng Ton =
Hoong=20
column to capture a group of trafficking Lahu. These drug traffickers =
had fled=20
to gain refuge under the protection of the SPDC garrison at <I>Tump =
Tarm</I>.=20
Sergeant <U>Sai Swe</U> led his men and made a fight with SPDC troops in =
the=20
garrison for 15 minutes. The results are unknown.<BR><BR>On 1/9/99, from =
13:00=20
to 13:30 hrs., Sergeant <U>Sarm Khuo</U> led some men from 157th =
battalion of=20
Korn Zerng column and met with the combined force of SPDC and militia at =
<I>Kong=20
Kham</I>, <I>Mong Torm</I> tract. SSA captured 8 haversacks, (including =
that of=20
one medic). The casualties of the enemy were unknown. One SSA soldiers =
was=20
wounded.<BR><BR>On 3/9/99, from 06:00 to 07:00 hrs., Lieutenant <U>Sai =
Zarm</U>=20
led some men from 155th battalion of 758th Brigade and had a skirmish =
with=20
Burmese troops at <I>Mai Hung</I>, south of <I>Pang Salop</I>. 2 of the =
enemy=20
were wounded.<BR><BR>On 3/9/99, from 14:00 to 15:00 hrs., Lieutenant =
<U>Sai=20
Nong</U> led some men from the 152th battalion of Korn Zerng column, and =
met the=20
combined force of Burmese and militia men at <I>Loi Kheo</I>, <I>Mong =
Mar</I>=20
tract. The casualities of the enemy were unknown while SSA was =
intact.<BR><BR>On=20
4/9/99, from 12:00 to 13:00 hrs., Lieutenant <U>Sai Zarm</U> led some =
men from=20
155th Battalion of 758th Brigade and clashed with some Burmese troops =
between=20
<I>Pang Salop</I> and <I>Pang Khe</I>, near <I>Huay Nam Lup</I>. One =
enemy was=20
wounded and SSA captured a dead pack mule with its full load.<BR><BR>On =
9/9/99,=20
at 21:00 hrs., the 756th Brigade sent 8 men led by Sergeant <U>Kham =
Lu</U>=20
against SPDC troops of 520th LIB. The skirmish lasted for 15 minutes. =
The=20
casualties of the enemy were unknown while SSA =
safe.<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT=20
size=3D4>SPDC distributes Poisonous Foods<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>Since =
July, 1999,=20
SPDC troops have been distributing food to people, which is said to be=20
fatal&nbsp; if ingested. Some of this food has been identified as=20
follows:<BR><BR>1. Rice that was poisonous - It is inflammable like =
petroleum=20
when put into a naked flame.<BR><BR>2. Bean Vermicelli - When roasted, =
it melts=20
and becomes like a plastic substance.<BR><BR>3. Cooking oil - said to be =

infected with germs from infected persons.<BR><BR>Sources from the =
Burmese=20
soldiers said that they had seized this food from the Burma-India border =
and it=20
was redistributed for ethnic cleansing in the Shan State. Our Shan =
States people=20
(principally the rural dewellers) should be careful of these dangerous=20
foods.<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>SPDC lay mines around Mong=20
Nong<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>Since 7/8/99, the SPDC soldiers of the =
<B>Mong=20
Nong</B> garrison have been laying land mines, within a radius of one =
mile to=20
the north and west side of their garrison.<BR>When an ox or a cow =
stepped on one=20
of their mines, the owner was forced to pay a fine of 7 to 8 thousand =
kyat. The=20
cattle were then butchered and sold back to the =
villagers.<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT=20
size=3D4>SPDC soldiers desert their post<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>On =
1/8/99, 7 SPDC=20
soldiers from the 249th IB (Kali-<B>Kunhing</B> township) defected to =
the 7th=20
Brigade of SSA-north at the north of <I>Kali</I> tract, <B>Kunhing</B> =
township.=20
These soldiers said they could not tolerate their tyrannical officers, =
so they=20
deserted leaving all their equipment behind.<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT =
size=3D4>Burmese=20
soldiers seize Militia of Loi Maw<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>On 25/7/99, the =

Military Intelligence of the SPDC seized 7 ethnic Shan leaders of the =
Loi Maw=20
militia, including Major Khun Yawd Mong, Sao Leng Parng, 3 of his =
subordinates=20
and 2 provincial officers. They were tortured and locked up in =
<B>Lashio</B>,=20
northern Shan State.<BR>These 7 captives were tortured with electric =
shocks, and=20
accused of supporting the SSA-S on their way north. They are still in=20
interrogation until today. Later all the Shan officers in the militia =
were=20
replaced with Chinese and their top leader is "Yang Mue Yong".<BR>"Yang =
Mue=20
Yong" is enjoying Burmese support and is threating to annihilate SSA-S =
within 3=20
months or all the villagers must relocate to <I>Wan Pan</I> (the base of =

militia).<BR>The Burmese are pressing the Shan militia men by saying =
that their=20
leaders will not be released, unless the SSA-S retreat from their area. =
As a=20
result, the ethnic Shan militia men are defecting to SSA-S=20
continuously.<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>KNLA Versus=20
SPDC<BR><BR></FONT></STRONG>According to the agreement of the five =
ethinc groups=20
(i.e. ALP, CNF, KNPP, KNU and SSA) who have met twice in this year of =
1999, the=20
KNLA (Karen National Liberation Army) launched a campign of guerilla =
warfare=20
against the SPDC troops within the month of June (from 1st to 30th June =
1999).=20
Altogether there were 453 engagements.<BR>In these campaign, 7 brigades =
and the=20
103rd battalion from KNLA were involved. In this one month campaign the =
342=20
Burmese soldiers were killed, 829 wounded, 10 were captured and 30 =
defected with=20
the loss of 60 guns.<BR>The KNLA lost 31 troops, 11 were wounded and =
they lost=20
13 guns.<BR></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3><FONT face=3DArial><FONT=20
*************************<BR></FONT></DIV></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV></BO=