: APPRECIATE YOUR KIND HART

We are very relieved and happy to learn that the Burma Embassy (Thailand)
incident has been resolved without any bloodshed or loss of life.

We thank the Thai Government, especially Thai Deputy Prime Minister
Sukhumbhand Paribathra and the former Director of the Maneeloy Refugee
Camp Chalyapruek for their adept handling of this grave situation. They
made major contributions to the peaceful resolution of this volatile
confrontation by showing great restraint and diplomacy.

This incident is the result of the extreme oppression and abuses by SPCD
the illegal military government against its own people. Unless SPDC
agrees to a dialogs with the opposition that leads to a transition to
civilian rule, we believe that similar events will continue to occur.

Burmese Embassies throughout the world, their staff and all pro-SPDC
families living abroad could become figure targets and must fear for
their personal safety till the deep rooted conflict within Burma is
resolved.

We urge the Thai Government to use its good offices and its long standing
relationships with both sides, to serve as an intermediary, to promote
constructive engagement and help the Burmese people achieve their goals
of freedom and democracy. Only then, Burma will become and equal partner
in ASEAN and also the United Nations. We believe that this would also be
beneficial to Thailand and its people both socially and economically.

The Burma Association
(Northern California)

37118 Dutra Way
Fremont, CA 94536