soe than History

yes soe than - i know what he was referrng to, this is very important event
in burmese history - but i think you miss point. if you want to be effective
you must really deeply understand burma, not just have bit and piece from
"trivia site".

for example. what is meaning of the suppayalat massacre? in first place,
this was the common thing in pre-colonial time. all kings would get rid of
potential rivals. as you say, preferred method was to put in red velvet sack
and beat to death, one blow across throat, so that royal blood would not be
spilled. thibaw became king partly because mindon made mistake, he named
successor and other rivals killed him (successor); so this is deep part of
burmese political thinking: ELIMINATE ALL RIVALS. otherwise, constant
fighting. must understand this! spdc think very much like kings! maybe you
have noticed that all rivals eliminated, except for ASSK who is kept in
little box?

second point: previsous to suppayalat, other kings also eliminate rivals.
but nobody say anything until suppayalat. why? because of presence of many
foreigners in mandalay in 1880's! very important! the massacre was reported
all around world, big stink for king thibaw! so when british take mandalay
in 1885 they can say, 'oh king thibaw a bad man he kill all these people, we
do burma big favor by conquering him." good colonial propaganda.

so - another lesson for now, you see! if no foregners in burma, then no one
knows what goes on! this is why i think tourist boycott is bad idea (sorry
daw suu). if no one sees, no one knows.

ok -- soe than, you see my point about knowing history? burma not invented
in 1988! very complicated country! cannot learn from stupid "trivia site."

trivia site is for trivia person.

susu