YADANA, UNOFFICIAL (r)

"may"  "could", lets not hold our breath. we are not expecting much, it
is a long history how commissions and parliamentary "investigations"
dont go anywhere, and as Pompidou used to do all the time, when you want
to bury something, just set up a commission!

now with TOTAL having done its latest manoeuver, buying ELF, paying off
the man who helped set it up with his house cleaning at ELF -Jaffré, who
is front page news again today for walking out with a combined 530
million francs when you add in the Paribas-Levy-Lang scandal) so who are
you trying to kid about the french government controlled oil business.
One commission is not going to set back over 75 years of French oil
policy.

Be serious. 'Part of their investigation field' Yadana? We all saw how
the french dealt with the Rwanda genoicide tragedy, so please, your
investigation committee work might be better now at BLOCKING THE TOTAL
ELF MERGER deal with a National assembly Parliamentary debate which at
least happened in 1976 for the Elf Aquitaine scandalous merger that
violated consitutional ARticle 34 about transferring public state
property to private shareholders.

What ever happened to the state equity holding of 35% in TOTAL bought by
the shareholders and TOTAL in 1992, one year after TOTAL went on the
NYSE.

What would that 35% of TOTAL be worth today to the French state. The
French have been conned into believing that they care about human rights
and violations on the Yadana pipeline for too long. And now the French
state is letting TOTAL and its french partners in high finance and
ministries -yes the Giscard, Chirac, connections go back to Elf in 1976
when Desmarest was a french functionary under Chirac THEN AS PRIME
MINISTRE IN 1976. and Desmarest was working under the tutelage of
Oranor's Finance ministry. So get off it.

You damn well know the French havent done a damn thing to stop this
Yadana pipeline and now, so late, so late, you have the audacity to post
this "may" "could" pre-release french press communique.*

I wondered what had happened to this report commission that was
scheduled to be released last JULY!

So please, dont tease people about the truth. Too many lives have been
lost already. Do some serious work and research before you get
duped again by another commission.

ds