No news from Burma???

> "The only news we get from Rangoon,
> Pegu, Prome, Mandalay, etc. are from the NLM and Okkar. Very, very rare
> and with a delay other news come out...."

I disagree.  We get quite a bit of news from Burma and most of it comes
because people risk quite a bit to get it to us.  NLD regularly puts out
bulletins and the occasional videotape that put us in touch not only with
what's going at party headquarters but in many of those areas of the
country where everybody is supposed to have resigned from the party.  How
they get their stuff out of the country is a news story in itself.

Shan Herald reporters frequently make trips inside Shan State and always
bring back plenty of "hard news".  The KNU and particularly the
Mergui-Tavoy Information Department issue bulletins every couple of weeks.

The human rights organizations, KHRG, CHRO, SHRF and MIS do a super job of
getting their reports out in timely fashion.

Tired of gazing at the monitor screen???  Have a look at the monthly issue
of The Irrawaddy.  They've got their own news sources and I've heard that
their staff occasionally make suitably anonymous trips to gather
information at first hand.

BINA will provide you with an English translation of news that Mogyo puts
out in its monthly edition.

And not to forget the ABSDF whose occasional bulletins provide us with
well-researched, well written news stories.

And lots of other people who just pass along the news as they receive it,
over the phone, in a letter, in conversation with somebody who's been in
the country.

The news is there and we get quite a bit of it -- thanks to a lot of people
that get it to us in as timely a way as possible.