wisdom - Susu (r)

Folks, I know that there is plenty of serious business to conduct on this list.  But I think I must answer "Soe Than" one last time.  Just once, promise.

  At 07:35 AM 10/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>So much from a person who mock a girl publicly with bad English and picking on her.

If you expect chivalry, "Soe Than", you and "Susu" should conduct yourselves in a proper lady-like manner.  If you write aggressively and hostilely, dont expect to be able to hide behind your "skirts".  Most people will respond in a similar manner.

Secondly, I have taught English in Asia for over 10 years, and I believe Susu's "bad English" is a fake.  Anyone can just compare "her" postings for misspellings, grammatical errors, and vocabulary usage, with the postings of many of the other non-native English speakers, and clearly see this for him/her self.

>So much for a person who thinks everyone must "prove" himself to him..

I dont think it is unusual that I withhold judgement on people until I am (relatively) sure of their motives.  I dont usually quote Ronald Reagan, but when he said "Trust, but verify", I had to agree.

Do you normally believe everything you hear from, for example, Lt. Gen. Khin Nyunt?

>So much for a person accusing people without any merits (Hey, this will not make you any smarter person!)

Now that I have explained my reasoning, perhaps you can point out where my arguments lack merit.  I am ready to listen.

>So much for a person who cannot take a person at a face value and spread rumors about others without any ground.

I am (and I think I always have been) trying to respond to you with logic and goodwill.  That I state my case clearly and publicly should indicate what value I place on these principles.

As to whether there are grounds for my suspicions, let the public decide.

You could also ask similar questions of me, of course.  The fact that nobody has, though, may indicate something to you.

>So much for the person who thinks he knows the world and like to tell people what to think and say.

Everybody thinks he/she knows the world somewhat, otherwise who would speak at all?  You certainly have your opinions, and do not hesitate to tell others when you think they are wrong.  Nobody faults you for this.  It is your occasional bad manners and the sense that you are hiding something that makes others hold you at a distance.

>So much for a person who admittedly said "I ... judge people too quickly.."

Indeed, this is one of my faults that I have not been able to shake over the years.  I must constantly ask myself what I am thinking before I speak, lest I cause problems by not being honest enough with myself.  You can certainly help me by pointing this out when you see it.  Thanks.

>And so much for a person who can only see "Black and White" -

Not sure what you mean by this.

>Having said all this - I am not asking anyone to trust me but thank you for your metta anyway.  Why don't you get out of your "old school" uniform and live in the next generation?  Don't be afraid of different thinking.  I am sure no one will accuse you of MI agents or a homosexual  .. ::yeah-right::

You are funny and cute, and occasionally brilliant.  I must admit I like you.  But trust you?  Nope, not yet.  Sorry, honey.