MAILBAG:REPORTER OF "NEW LIGHT OF M

Subject: Re: MAILBAG:REPORTER OF "NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR" ACCIDENTALLY KILLED ON PURPOSE?

I think NLD issued a press release on this a few days ago.  Something like
there was a wrong header right under or above KN und they got mad at the
publisher or editor - rather..  and they did something terrible to a couple
of people or something.....

Can someone give more details on it?  Perhaps OKKAR(s) can deny it or
confirm it??

By the way Julian, why do you usually post your personal emails to the
BurmaNet?  I know I've done it but it was on purpose.  I'm just curious.

PS:  Let me know if you need help improving your German Julian.  I can
proof-read it for you before you post to public.  Burmese is my native &
German is my second!  =-)  English - my third.  Learned a little Dutch in
school....

Tschüß

----Original Message Follows----
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MAILBAG:REPORTER OF "NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR" ACCIDENTALLY KILLED ON
PURPOSE?
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:08:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Moe,

Two friends of mine yesterday told me they had read an article about a
journalist of the NLOM being "killed" or "tortured" over making a
mistake in the paper, calling some big wig a liar. Wrong text at the
wrong foto, or something. I missed this at scb or Burmanet (maybe I
just did not cath it.) Story familiar to you?

Regards

Girard[Holland]