from Andrew (r)

The Burma Human Rights Yearbook  1998 - 1999 is out. The horror of it all cannot but move you to tears. The countering question from SPDC is "It
is all a fabrication."  How do we know all these terrible things actually happened and were perpetrated by SPDC?
We don't know except by the word of those who report the happenings and the accompanying photographs in some instances.  There is also living
witness to atrocities.  Not withstanding this, it would bring me no greater joy than to be able to prove beyond any doubt that these things did
NOT happen.  One way, and I think, the only way for such proof would be for SPDC to allow an independent body of international jurists to conduct
unfettered investigations into all the accusations and reports of human rights abuses. I desperately want to believe that Gen. Khin Nyunt and all
the SPDC principals will see the value in this so as to, once and for all, put an end to all these terrible things people are saying about them
and the military.  It must hurt them so much to have all these lies about them told.
So help me OKKARS and all those who say I am having hallucinations and that the yearbook is a whole lot of lies.
 te