Technical fix for excess or unwante

Subject: Re: Technical fix for excess or unwanted messages

Yes, thanks.  For Netscape users, you can filter your incoming message out
as well.  I do not know about English version, but for German Netscape 4.7,
go to "Messager" (Strg+2)Inbox - Netscape-Ordner--> Bearbeiten -->
Nachrichtenfilter  --> Neu --> the rest is self-explanatory.

I believe there must be something equivalent to this in English Netsacpe
version.

One reason you never use your primary return address to post to newsgroup
because anyone with an application can collect und scan through
"xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxx" - with a definitation anything with "@".  If possible,
use a secondary email account for almost everything and user your primary
for the people you really know.

----Original Message Follows----
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxx, strider@xxxxxxx, free-burma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
      burmanet2-l@xxxxxxxx, MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
myanmar@xxxxxxxxxxx, ocelle@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Technical fix for excess or unwanted messages
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:50:27 +0200
>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Tue Oct 19 03:23:31 1999
Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx

Dear net-entangled,

I receive about 200 emails a day, as I'm sure many of you also do. One way
to manage this bulk is to use filters. I don't know which other email
software has this feature, but I use Eudora 4.1, which allows me to create
special mailboxes into which messages from particular people or particular
lists are automatically dropped, and where I can  look at them later, if I
wish. Or they can be sent straight to Trash.  This solution may help those
who have too much mail, or who only want straight news, and don't wish to
wade through the various conversations etc.  It certainly makes for a
cleaner and more manageable In box.

Yours helpfully,

David A

Internet ProLink PC User